Accounting Manager- Hansen
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Accounting Manager
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
TheAccounting Managersupervises accounting staff, schedules and prioritizes workflow, performs GL functions, prepares monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP, analyzes financial statements, monitors internal controls, supports internal and external audits, prepares compliance reporting, performs cash flow analysis, and evaluates financial performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and oversee a variety of accounting procedures and processes.
- Supervise and review work of accounting staff.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing accurate and timely monthly financial statements for all entities.
- Coordinate and perform month end close procedures.
- Prepare assigned journal entries and account reconciliations for complex or high-risk areas.
- Maintain the account reconciliation software.
- Establish and maintain chart of accounts.
- Administer the ASC 842 lease accounting system and manage lease accounting processes.
- Audit accounting data, identify and correct errors, identify and compute accruals, apply accounting principles to transactions and recommend revisions in accounting procedures to ensure conformance with GAAP.
- Maintain accounting controls and define accounting policies and procedures.
- Analyze and prepare various financial reports.
- Perform monthly actual to budget analysis with appropriate follow up.
- Prepare audit schedules and support internal and external audits.
- Assist in the research of technical accounting issues associated with Company`s business.
- Perform ad hoc projects and reports.
- Collaborate with Director of Finance in monitoring cash flow.
- Identify and implement process improvements including documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Solicit suggestions for problem solving and process improvement from staff.
- Promote teamwork and provide a supportive environment for staff.
- Assists the Director of Finance in strategic planning for the department.
- Make recommendations concerning operating cost reductions and revenue enhancement.
- Participate in the clinics strategic plan.
- Bachelor`s degree in finance/accounting.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- Health care financial management experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels within the organization.
Other duties as assigned.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a normal office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time in an office environment. Working under stressful conditions and ability to problem solve. Requires some standing, stooping, or bending. Requires manual dexterity functionality for the use of a computer, calculator, telephone, fax or copy machine. Requires normal range of vision and hearing.
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Accountant Manager
Job Classification: Administrative/ Professional Support
Frequency of activity required to perform the job
(0% of work day)
(1-10% of work day)
(11-33% of work day)
(34-66% of work day)
( Greater than 67% of work day)
Lift/Carry 0-10 lbs.
Lift/Carry 11-25 lbs.
Lift/Carry 26-35 lbs.
Lift/Carry 36-50 lbs.
Lift/Carry 51-75 lbs.
Lift/Carry 76-100 lbs.
Lift/Carry > 100 lbs.
Push/Pull up to 10 lbs.
Push/Pull 11-25 lbs.
Push/Pull 26-35 lbs.
Push/Pull 36-50 lbs.
Push/Pull 51-75 lbs.
Push/Pull 76-100 lbs.
Push/Pull > 100 lbs.
Reach (Above shoulder level)
Reach (Below shoulder level)
Simple Grasping (Hands/Arms)
Fine Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Gross Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Near Vision (Correctable to Jaeger 2 or 20/30 binocular)
Distance Vision (Correctable to Snellen chart 20/30 binocular)
Hears Whispers < 3 feet
Hears Whispers 3-8 feet
Position Located In
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 23-056 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.