The Engineer will carry out the work activities and direct resources necessary at XLT for new product development and sustaining current products in accordance with quality, cost, delivery, and service specifications and expectations. Duties and responsibilities include maintenance of current product lines through continual improvement techniques, looking for new and cost saving manufacturing techniques, maintenance of computer resources, 5S, design and support for special projects, and enforcement of the training matrix. Serve as backup to the Engineering Supervisor.
Supervisor: Engineering Supervisor
7761 West Kellogg Drive
Wichita, KS 67209
Production Schedule per Employment Manual
Regular, Reliable, and Physical On-Site Attendance Required
Holidays Observed: Per Employment Manual
Pay: Per Wage Scale
Benefits: Per Employment Manual
Travel: This position requires limited travel to Trade Shows, investigate new equipment and software, attend training for new equipment, and to participate in product installations.
1. Abide by the Quality Management System.
2. Understand that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements.
3. Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs.
This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely, and at the lowest feasible cost:
1. Maintain the Quality Management System
2. Make it understood by all Team Members that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements
3. Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs
4. Give instructions and guidance to Team Members assigned to projects
5. Be held responsible for the work and actions of Team Members assigned to projects
6. Provide coaching to Team Members to improve performance
7. Participate in the interview process of internal and/or external job candidates
8. Understand the engineering behind current XLT products
9. Identify and eliminate wastefulness in the production processes
10. Identify and carry out solutions for identified improvement needs
11. Design/create jigs, fixtures, and tooling needed to manufacture most efficiently
12. Carry out the results of lean manufacturing process studies
13. Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning in order to ensure products meet quality and safety standards
14. Develop new processes for XLT
15. Be able to troubleshoot any current XLT product
16. Build first article parts, components, and products for anything new developed for use in production
17. Develop work instructions and job training materials
18. Understand the capabilities of XLT in sustaining the current product lines
19. Design products and components for manufacturability
20. Participate in the improvement of manufacturing methods for products and parts, and follows through to complete production approvals
21. Participate in the analysis and planning of workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow and design layout of equipment, and workspace for maximum efficiency
22. Perform in concert with the Engineering Supervisor and Manager concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
23. Participate in conferring with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and assist with the evaluation of products according to specifications and quality standards
24. Participate in the estimating of production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
25. Confer with Management, Engineering and other Team Members regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes
26. Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements
27. Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the President
Basic Computer, E-Mail, and Web skills are required. Most of the documentation and training is done through the use of computers.
Advanced Computer skills required are Microsoft Office, 3D VIA Composer and SolidWorks.
Licenses Required: Driver’s License
Travel Documents: United States Passport
Requires previous lead or related supervisory experience and two (2) years of experience in fabrication and assembly of XLT products or in equivalent fields, or related engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
Training Required: Per Training Matrix
Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering curriculum from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, and must be knowledgeable of all products and services offered by the Company.
1. Must be able to stand, walk, and use hands for up to 10 hours per day.
2. Must be able to sit at a desk and use a keyboard and mouse for up to 10 hours per day.
3. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for 3 hours per day.
4. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
5. Must have good close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth percept the ability to adjust focus.
1. Must be able to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
2. Must be able to read, speak and write English.
3. While talking to others, convey information effectively.
4. Must be able to judge distances, shapes and fits.
1. Excellent listening skills - give full attention to what other people are saying.
2. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
3. Leadership and motivational skills.
4. Interpersonal skills.
5. Good written and verbal communication skills.
6. Decision-making and analytical skills.
7. Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team.
8. Able to plan and prioritize his/her own work.
9. Must have attention to detail.
10. Must have attention to detail.
11. Must be able to use common power and hand tools.
12. Must know threaded fasteners.
Part time exposure to mechanical moving parts, explosives and combustibles, electrical shock, vibration and fumes or airborne particles, loud noises and ultraviolet light. Also part time exposure to a typical office environment.
XLT Quality Manual
Little Big Things
How to Win Friends and Influence People.
How To Apply:
Go to www.xltovens.com to apply. You must submit an application, but may also attach a resume.