Adjunct Instructor - Environmental Engineering Technology Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Rapid City, SD
Job Type: Part-Time Temporary
Job Number: 00065
Western Dakota Tech accepts resumes from industry professionals seeking adjunct faculty positions. If interested, please complete an application, attach your resume and submit any transcripts, licenses or certificates.
Adjuncts are paid dependent on their educational degree. Pay is as follows:
*All degrees must be awarded by an accredited institution Position Essential Duties:
- BA/BS or lower - $700 per workload credit hour
- MA/MS - $800 per workload credit hour
- Doctorate - $1,000 per workload credit hour
- Teach Construction Materials Testing.
- Adjunct instructors at Western Dakota Tech are educators whose instructional efforts are expected to reflect the mission, vision, and goals of the institution.
- Adjunct faculty teach courses in their respective fields to include planning, preparation and delivery of lecture/lab instruction materials at all levels of training. Clinicals/lab are opportunities for students to meet course objectives and must be provided by faculty, as appropriate within the curriculum.
- Knowledge of Construction Materials Testing and Soils Testing
- Minimum of a Associates degree from an accredited university or college in the appropriate field or discipline area of instruction and a minimum of one year of directly related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the work and discipline area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in skills as they relate to the program`s operations.
- Work well under pressure.
- Take the initiative.
- Maintain fundamentals of classroom management.
- Adhere to WDT policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in all group sizes.
- Demonstrated ability in oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and problem-solving.
EOE/Statement of Non-Discrimination/Annual Security Report
WDT subscribes to the fullest extent to the principle of the dignity of all people and of their labors and will take action to ensure that applicants are employed, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, color, ethnic background, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, political affiliation, mental and/or physical challenge, disability, gender identity, gender expression status as a veteran, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Every available opportunity will be taken in order to assure that each applicant for a position is selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and ability. Inquiries may be directed to the Director of Human Resource at 605-718-2402. (8.1.2020)
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT/CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act requires that the colleges Annual Security Report which includes crime statistics be made available to prospective employees and prospective students upon request. Western Dakota Techs Annual Security Report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported Clery crimes that occurred on campus and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus safety and security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault prevention and response, timely warnings, emergency response, and other matters. You may obtain this information through the Western Dakota Tech website at https://www.wdt.edu/assets/docs/uploads/consumer-information/securityreport.pdf (Download PDF reader). A printed copy of the report may be obtained by writing to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Student Success, Western Dakota 800 Mickelson Dr., Rapid City, SD 57703 or by calling (605) 718-2931.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - MUST COMPLY WITH THE IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT OF 1986
- Western Dakota Tech
- 800 Mickelson Dr
Rapid City, South Dakota, 57703
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in working at Western Dakota Tech. You will join more than 80 faculty and staff who are dedicated to training the region’s workforce. Every position at WDT is important, and you will know you are doing something worthwhile.
Plus, you will live in Rapid City at the foot of the Black Hills, the most beautiful and activity-rich region in South Dakota. Combine the two-an important position and a great place to live-and you have the recipe for an unsurpassed quality of life.
Click here to apply on-line
Western Dakota Tech
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MUST COMPLY WITH THE IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT OF 1986