Job Posting: Call Center Registration Specialist (Mon-Fri 9:30-6:00pm)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Clinic Admissions
Shift: Monday - Friday
Job Number: JO-2302-48249
Date Posted: 2/13/2023
Categories: General Support
Washington Regional Medical Center is our regions only locally governed, community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system. Our system includes a 425-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of Fayetteville supported by our clinic system - including primary, specialty and urgent care operations - that span across Northwest Arkansas into Harrison and Eureka Springs. Being heavily supported and invested in our community makes Washington Regional a unique employer, encouraging staff to give back to the community in which we live and work and give back to each other.
Washington Regional Mission, Vision and Values prove to be a firm foundation and inspiration from which we fulfill our purpose.
Mission: Washington Regional is committed to improving the health of people in communities we serve through compassionate, high quality care, prevention and wellness education.
Vision: To be the leading healthcare system in Northwest Arkansas --- the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Values: To treat others patients and their families, visitors, physicians, and each other as we would want to be treated.
The role of Call Center Pre-registration is responsible for scheduling clinic appointments, calculating estimates and collecting payments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works as a team player to provide quality patient care, whether direct or indirect
Each employee will assist other team members in accomplishing their job duties as assigned
- Must possess excellent communication skills and provide high quality customer service to the patient or family.
- Greets all persons via telephone in a friendly, welcoming manner and performs duties in a HIPAA-Compliant manner.
- Processes scheduled patients by contacting persons who are scheduled for clinic services in the next 30 days.
- Obtains or verifies demographic, emergency contact and other applicable information is entered or updated in the computer system in the prescribed manner.
- Obtains insurance information, verifies eligibility and benefits. Asks MSP questions and other regulatory screening that may be required.
- Reviews outstanding balances and advises patient of payment policies. Ensures all edits are cleared and visit is ready for check in upon arrival to the clinic.
- Advises patient to bring insurance cards to be scanned upon arrival and provides information relevant to the type of appointment scheduled.
- Must be able to give directions to place of service.
- Must have excellent computer skills with ability to work within multiple system simultaneously.
- Ability to identify and report duplicate medical records and follow processes to prevent and eliminate the creation of duplicates.
- The individual must be adaptable and flexible with ability and willingness to assist in other areas as requested.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Credentials & Education Required
Technical Competence Understands and appropriately applies procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise and maintains credibility with others on technical matters
Equivalent of High School diploma with 0 to 2 years medical office experience desired.
Ability to understand computerized billing systems and software utilized to manage such processes. (e.g. Excel) for reporting purposes.
Working knowledge of medical and insurance terminology as would be acquired by working in a medical practice or hospital department
How To Apply: