Job Posting: Call Center Registration Specialist (Monday - Friday 9:30am - 6pm)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Clinic Admissions
Shift: Monday - Friday Days
Job Number: JO-2301-48149
Date Posted: 1/25/2023
Categories: General Support
The role of Call Center Pre-registration is responsible for scheduling clinic appointments, calculating estimates and collecting payments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works as a team player to provide quality patient care, whether direct or indirect
- Each employee will assist other team members in accomplishing their job duties as assigned
- Must possess excellent communication skills and provide high quality customer service to the patient or family.
- Greets all persons via telephone in a friendly, welcoming manner and performs duties in a HIPAA-Compliant manner.
- Processes scheduled patients by contacting persons who are scheduled for clinic services in the next 30 days.
- Obtains or verifies demographic, emergency contact and other applicable information is entered or updated in the computer system in the prescribed manner.
- Obtains insurance information, verifies eligibility and benefits. Asks MSP questions and other regulatory screening that may be required.
- Reviews outstanding balances and advises patient of payment policies. Ensures all edits are cleared and visit is ready for check in upon arrival to the clinic.
- Advises patient to bring insurance cards to be scanned upon arrival and provides information relevant to the type of appointment scheduled.
- Must be able to give directions to place of service.
- Must have excellent computer skills with ability to work within multiple system simultaneously.
- Ability to identify and report duplicate medical records and follow processes to prevent and eliminate the creation of duplicates.
- The individual must be adaptable and flexible with ability and willingness to assist in other areas as requested.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Credentials & Education Required
Technical Competence Understands and appropriately applies procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise and maintains credibility with others on technical matters
Required Education & Experience
- Equivalent of High School diploma with 0 to 2 years medical office experience desired.
- Ability to understand computerized billing systems and software utilized to manage such processes. (e.g. Excel) for reporting purposes.
- Working knowledge of medical and insurance terminology as would be acquired by working in a medical practice or hospital department
How To Apply: