Job Posting: Interface Analyst - Information Services (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Technology Services
Shift: Monday - Friday Days
Job Number: JO-2205-46146
Date Posted: 5/4/2022
The Interface Analyst reports to the Manager, Integration Team, and is responsible for working with End Users, Application Teams, Technology Team, Bio-Medical Team and Vendor Partners in the development of system interfaces to support Washington Regionals interoperability requirements.
Washington Regional Medical Center is our regions only locally governed, community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system. Our system includes a 425-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of Fayetteville supported by our clinic system - including primary, specialty and urgent care operations - that span across Northwest Arkansas into Harrison and Eureka Springs. Being heavily supported and invested in our community makes Washington Regional a unique employer, encouraging staff to give back to the community in which we live and work and give back to each other.
Washington Regional Mission, Vision and Values prove to be a firm foundation and inspiration from which we fulfill our purpose.
Mission: Washington Regional is committed to improving the health of people in communities we serve through compassionate, high quality care, prevention and wellness education.
Vision: To be the leading healthcare system in Northwest Arkansas --- the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Values: To treat others patients and their families, visitors, physicians, and each other as we would want to be treated.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain the functioning of interfaces using Cerner Openview, OpenEngine and CorePoint Interface Engine
- Participate in implementation request, issue resolution and application programming.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to application integrations.
- Designs, architects, and develops application interfaces in HL7 standards or vendor provided formats used to pass ADT, orders, results and charges.
- Ensure interface processes conform to all applicable regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Creates and documents requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications and configurations related to application integrations.
- Performs Unit, Integration, and Acceptance testing of interfaces to ensure the highest level of quality and reliability possible.
- Assist in process and work flow design as needed in support of automation into existing WRMC systems.
- Adhere to development standards that allow for the maintainability of interfaces in a manner that supports team strategy and development.
- Provides On Call support on a rotating schedule
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Programming or related field. Relevant work experience may be considered.
- 2+ years of business/clinical experience or knowledge of interfaces in a healthcare environment (HL7)
- ETL experience a plus
- Knowledge of quality assurance/testing approaches.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience with Information Systems and data flow between Hospital Information Applications and Clinical Information Applications.
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills, with the ability to collaborate with internal and external customers at all levels
- Strong ability to work independently and be result oriented
- Ability to prioritize projects and react to critical deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with ease and efficiency
- Ability to acquire, assimilate, and apply new technical knowledge and skills quickly and autonomously
How To Apply: