Job Posting: Acute Care Nurse Assistant (12 Hour Shifts)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Medical Unit
Shift: 12 hour shifts
Job Number: JO-2201-45058
Date Posted: 1/12/2022
Categories: General Support
Washington Regional Medical Center is looking for Acute Care Nurse Assistants for our Medical Surgical department.
If youre an ACNA looking for more than just a job, you belong at Washington Regional! The work you do matters to your patients and to us. And we believe caring for our team members is just as important as caring for our patients. Youll receive the support and resources needed to advance your career at the #1 hospital in Arkansas.
The Medical Surgical department has 116 private patient rooms that provide care to patients ages 16+ with a wide variety of conditions. The department has nursing units on two floors of the Medical Center. These nursing units serve general medical patients, including hospice and oncology patients, and post-surgical patients, including those in our Total Joint Center, which is a specialized unit dedicated to caring for patients who have received hip, knee and shoulder joint replacements.
The Medical Surgical department is a great place to start a nursing career and master the skills taught in a nursing program. This is a fast-paced environment with many unique learning opportunities.
All new hires will be assigned a dedicated preceptor during their orientation process.
- Assist nursing staff in caring for patients under the close supervision or a licensed nurse
- Taking vital signs, intake and output, assisting patients with bathing, hygiene, dietary and ambulation needs
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Promote a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules and regulations
- Serve a culturally and linguistically diverse patient population
This position has exposures to body fluids, radiation, and communicable diseases. The majority of your shift will be spent standing and/or walking short distances, with frequent pushing, pulling, and lifting of up to 100lbs, as well as occasional carrying of up to 25lbs.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required
- State certification as a nursing assistant is encouraged, but not required
- Completion of CPR certification within orientation period is preferred
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Good listening skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
About Washington Regional
Our mission is to improve the health of people in the communities we serve through compassionate, high-quality care, prevention, and wellness education.
Washington Regional Medical System is the only not-for-profit, community-owned, and locally governed health care system in Northwest Arkansas. We employ 3,200 team members and serve the region with a 425-bed medical center, over 55 clinic locations, the areas only Level II trauma center, and five Centers of Excellence - the Washington Regional J.B. Hunt Transport Services Neuroscience Institute; Washington Regional Walker Heart Institute; Washington Regional Women and Infants Center; Washington Regional Total Joint Center; and Washington Regional Pat Walker Center for Seniors.
How To Apply: