Job Posting: Environmental Services Manager (Mornings with weekend rotation)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Job Number: JO-2108-43604
Date Posted: 8/24/2021
Categories: General Support
Washington Regional Medical Center is our regions only locally governed, community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system. Our system includes a 425-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of Fayetteville supported by our clinic system - including primary, specialty and urgent care operations - that span across Northwest Arkansas into Harrison and Eureka Springs. Being heavily supported and invested in our community makes Washington Regional a unique employer, encouraging staff to give back to the community in which we live and work and give back to each other.
Washington Regional Mission, Vision and Values prove to be a firm foundation and inspiration from which we fulfill our purpose.
Mission: Washington Regional is committed to improving the health of people in communities we serve through compassionate, high quality care, prevention and wellness education.
Vision: To be the leading healthcare system in Northwest Arkansas --- the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Values: To treat others patients and their families, visitors, physicians, and each other as we would want to be treated.
The role of the Environmental Services Manager reports to the Assistant Director of Environmental Services, in partnership with the Director of Environmental Services and Vice President of Facilities. This position is responsible for overseeing daily operations of the department and ensuring an environment that supports cleanliness and safety. This position will spend 80% of work time standing and/or walking while pushing, pulling, lifting, and/or carrying up to 50 lbs. This position will spend 20% of time sitting while performing work in a standard office environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Monitor and manage staff to ensure an environment that is sanitary and orderly
- Manage the workflow, quality, and timeliness of work and staff in the department to ensure standards and regulations are maintained at all times
- Assist EVS Assistant Director and/or Director with staffing and scheduling
- Monitor and manage employee productivity, performance, and partner with Assistant Director to provide corrective action, as needed
- Monitor and manage workflow
- Inspect and evaluate physical condition of hospital departments
- Partner with appropriate leadership of other departments to coordinate EVS needs
- Attends regular staff meetings
- Coordinate and manage projects to ensure effective and timely completion
- Maintain appropriate security for all department owned property, supplies, and operating funds
- Utilize department software to design work materials and compile statistical reports
- Manage and guide EVS Team Leads to drive staff and complete daily business, projects, and tasks
- Effectively prioritize tasks and assign or reassign staff to areas of greatest need daily
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to staff with a focus on prioritization of shift needs
- Communicate changes to EVS Techs as assignments arise throughout the day
- Assign designated keys, radios, and beepers to scheduled staff while ensuring and maintaining records to ensure security of assigned items
- Review all supplies and equipment used daily to ensure proper storing and maintenance is performed as needed
- Collaborate with Educator to ensure training is provided
- Partner with Educator and EVS leadership to improve processes within the department
- Resolve internal and external issues or concerns
Education: High school diploma or GED
Licensure and Certifications: CHEST certification required within 12 months of hire.
Experience: Minimum 3 years in a previous healthcare environmental services role, required.
How To Apply: