Job Posting: CIS/PACS & Financial Coordinator - Cardiac Admin (Monday-Friday)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Cardiac Admin
Shift: Monday - Friday
Job Number: JO-2108-43406
Date Posted: 8/5/2021
Categories: Licensed Professional
Washington Regional Medical Center is our regions only locally governed, community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system. Our system includes a 425-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of Fayetteville supported by our clinic system - including primary, specialty and urgent care operations - that span across Northwest Arkansas into Harrison and Eureka Springs. Being heavily supported and invested in our community makes Washington Regional a unique employer, encouraging staff to give back to the community in which we live and work and give back to each other.
Washington Regional Mission, Vision and Values prove to be a firm foundation and inspiration from which we fulfill our purpose.
Mission: Washington Regional is committed to improving the health of people in communities we serve through compassionate, high quality care, prevention and wellness education.
Vision: To be the leading healthcare system in Northwest Arkansas --- the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Values: To treat others patients and their families, visitors, physicians, and each other as we would want to be treated.
This role consists of two components within Cardiovascular Services: Cardiovascular Services Information System (CIS)/Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and Finance within the Cardiovascular Service Line and reports directly to the Executive Director of Cardiovascular and Imaging Services.
The role of the CIS/PACS must remain in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations provides oversight and serves as the direct contact for CIS and PACS systems service; responsible for maintenance and facilitation of periodic updates and applications training for both systems; responsible for departmental performance improvement reporting and PACS quality assurance; responsible for generating reports as needed to meet regulatory requirements.
The role of Finance Coordinator provides oversight of all aspects related to finance within the CV Services departments. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, charge reconciliation and continual auditing of charge processes to ensure appropriate charge capture for all areas of Imaging. This person will be heavily involved in the budget planning process and concurrent monthly financial analysis and equipment purchase processes in conjunction with the Executive Director and leadership over these areas.
- Works independently without direct supervision.
- Maintains good communication with decision-making customers.
- Facilitates periodic updates and applications training for both systems.
- Generates reports as needed for HIPAA requirements and other audits or reviews.
- Establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, patient families, physicians, employees, volunteers, community partners and vendors.
- Identifies cost-effective systems needed to support the business of the department, considering business trends, resource availability, and changes in customers.
- Reconciles physician reports and exam studies for HIS compliance.
- Maintains appropriate problem-solving techniques, shows initiative, and utilizes creative ways to overcome challenges.
- Weighs and evaluates factors requiring judgement and analytical ability.
- Ensures both the program and services meet accrediting standards for the Joint Commission and other accrediting or regulatory entities.
- Partners with Director on capital and operating budget.
- Responsible for reconciling invoices and expense appropriation within CV Services cost centers
- Ensures all contracts are current in the contract tracking/maintenance system. Assesses and negotiates savings when possible.
- Audits CV Services billing processes and ensures charge capture by addressing charge corrections.
- Maintains the charge master specific to procedural areas.
- Develops new procedures where/when necessary and updates annual CPT changes.
- Analyzes supply costs for savings opportunities.
- Coordinates billing functions to ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet the needs of the department.
This position spends most of their time sitting (up to 70% of work time with frequent walking of short distances (up to 30% of work time. This position has daily exposure to body fluids and moderate exposure to radiation and communicable diseases. Some of the time is spent standing and/or walking for short distances (up to 60% of work time), with other time spent sitting, typing, and answering the telephone (up to 40% of work time), and occasional carrying of up to 50 lbs. is routinely required.
- Education: must be a graduate of an accredited nursing or registered technologist program.
- Licensure and Certifications: Arkansas RN/LPN, Radiology Technician license, RCIS, or CST. BLS and ACLS required within 3 months of hire or transfer to department.
- Experience: A good working knowledge of CVS practices is preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications to include advanced excel applications, Microsoft Word, and access data management and has the ability to work remotely when required.
How To Apply: