Summary of Primary Functions: Place different types of rebar, flat stock, angle, wire mesh, coil rod, and channel on rollers and cut them to the prescribed lengths and/or punch holes in them as required by shop card. Assist in unloading incoming trucks of material for steel shop
Machines, Tools, and Equipment Used: Bar bender, bar shear, overhead crane, pallet jack, conveyors, collections barrels, jigs, dies, punches, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, tape measure, etc
Materials Used: General operating supplies: angles, flat stock, wire mesh, coil rod, steel reinforcing bars, channel iron, etc.
Supervision Received: Reports to Steel Shop Supervisor. Works with some supervision
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All employees are required to follow all Safety and Quality rules and processes to ensure a safe working environment, and the production of high-quality products.
- Move material from storage racks to rollers or shake-out table with overhead crane
- Set jig to required length
- Hand feed material into iron worker
- Shear and/or punch holes in flat stock, angle, wire mesh, coil rod, and rebar
- Stack material on pallets or material cart for different jobs or pours and mark accordingly
- Assist in unloading incoming trucks of material for steel shop
- Clean and keep safe work area including sweeping floor, dispose of scrap metal
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor
How to Apply:
There's a Reason People Stay Here.
Pure and simple. Tindall Corporation is a family. We look out for each other. Under the hard hats, dust, and concrete is a big-hearted organization that wants the best for each member, both professionally and personally. When there's a need, we're there with help and support. We celebrate each other's wins. Mourn each other's losses. And have your back with whatever it takes to help you succeed.
Tindall Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EEO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.