RB Royal, a family owned and operated manufacturing business, is looking for a motivated professional to join our team as a Designer!
In this role you will be responsible for providing assistance to the Applications Engineers by developing CAD models and/or drawing to aid the design and quoting process, along with maintaining the drawing control and ECR system. In addition, to joining an amazing team of professionals, you will join a company whose culture values continually learning and growth and encourages all team members share new ideas and implement process improvements.
- Develop CAD models as part of the design cycle with the intent of producing manufacturing intent drawing with a dimension and tolerance from the model/drawing. To complete the drawings use your knowledge of engineering practices, mathematics, materials and RB Royal manufacturing.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of Solid Works and all the enhancements necessary to effectively complete your assignments.
- Assist when needed with material quote requests to aid engineers in the quoting process. This would include providing purchasing with the material specifications and estimated annual usage.
- Assist manufacturing personnel when needed with interpretation of drawing data as it relates to their function.
- Maintain the engineering change request system and aid in the swift evaluation and execution of the ECR.
- Performs tolerance stack-up evaluations and other analysis, as directed by an Engineer.
- Maintains RB Royal drawing standards.
- Maintains integrity of electronic drawing database which includes product drawings, customer drawings and supplemental product data.
Skills Critical For Success
- Associate degree in CAD drafting, drafting or engineering from 2-year college or technical school and a minimum of three years related experience with CAD in 3D; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Above average computer skills to include full range of skills in Solid Works to be able to incorporate designs as well as the Microsoft Excel and Word programs.
- Basic design abilities to include familiarity with the RB Royal type of product (i.e., hose and tubes) and to be able to apply design techniques to produce correct drawings that accurate depict the customer desires and RB Royal’s processes.
- Basic clerical skills including filing, typing and telephone work to be able to perform these duties in the event of another’s absence.
- Communication skills to be able to discuss design ideas, portray current thinking about the design, explain the meaning of drawings to those not as knowledgeable about design in an understandable way, using tact and diplomacy in all communication.
What Sets RB Royal Apart
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including two medical plan options, health savings account with company match, flexible spending account, dental, vision, 401K with company match, and company provided life and disability insurance.
- Paid holidays and vacation.
- A world-class work environment with potential for long-term growth and advancement, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences & workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program.
- Exceptional company culture that encourages innovation and empowers team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools critical to achieving a successful and meaningful career.
- Strong communication from executive management, including interactive quarterly discussions on strategic progress.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
RB Royal Industries, Inc.
1350 South Hickory Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54936