RB Royal, a family owned and operated manufacturing business located in Fond du lac, is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineering Technician! Our growing company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Technician for 1st shift (5:00am-3:30pm M-TH).
This position provides support to the production process through product engineering, problem resolution and process improvements to support sales development. The position will have a primary residence in our PDC (product development center) and will oversee/create the prototypes requested by customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works and takes direction from the Manufacturing Engineer and will as necessary, support Applications Engineer, Project Engineer or Quality Engineer.
- Provides technical support to all engineering staff.
- Primary role will be building prototypes and work in the product development center.
- Determines tooling and/or fixturing requirements, identifies and assists with designing and installation of tooling.
- Responsible for replacement tooling and repairs and maintenance of tools.
- Provides support and assistance for day-to-day production to improve throughput, quality and reduce waste.
- Assists manufacturing engineer and others (maintenance, quality, etc.) in continuous improvements activities, includes 5S and elimination of non-value waste.
- Initiate and/or process ECR’s as necessary.
- Review drawings from customers, checking specifications for completeness.
- Mechanical aptitude to be able to understand manufacturing processes and machinery.
- Basic design abilities to include familiarity with the RB Royal type of product (i.e., hose and tubes)
- Communication skills to be able to discuss design ideas, portray current thinking about the design, explain the meaning of drawings to those not as knowledgeable about design in an understandable way, using tact and diplomacy in all communication.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate degree in a technical field from a 2 year college or technical school and a minimum of three years related experience with manufacturing technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the community. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from groups of manager’s clients, customers or general public.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply advanced math concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distributions, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms; taste or smell; and push or pull objects.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and occasionally loud when working ion the shop floor.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
RB Royal Industries, Inc.
1350 South Hickory Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54936