Advanced Practice Provider in Family Medicine/Urgent Care - Manitowoc
This position will work 36 hrs per week
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner -- Family Medicine/Urgent Care in Manitowoc, WI
Job Classification: Provider
Date of Analysis: 7/14/2014 Date of Revision/Review: 5/18/2015
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
The Advanced Practice Provider is an advanced practice nurse or physician assistant prepared to deliver primary health care services to patients, families and groups emphasizing the promotion of health and prevention of disease. The scope of responsibilities includes collaborating and coordinating with physicians and other health professionals regarding clinical practice, education, consultation, research and program development.
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned) 1. Performs comprehensive health assessments for stable long-term patients.
2. Assesses and manages care for acute, minor, episodic illnesses and injuries.
3. Interviews and advises patient/families regarding health/illness prevention.
4. Performs follow up exams.
5. Provides assessment, evaluation, and management of clients with chronic stable illnesses.
6. Collaborates with client and family to determine physiologic, emotional, and environmental needs and priorities.
7. Provides case management services to assist clients and families with the arrangement for, or refer patients to needed services.
8. Manages client/family health concerns through telephone triage and consultation as needed.
9. Provides services, which may include the ordering of appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, the prescription of pharmacological agents, and other nonpharmacological treatment modalities.
10. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information.
11. Performs patient callbacks, reports diagnostic findings, provides consultation.
12. Participates with physicians in review of patient`s health records.
13. Position does include working every third Saturday & Sunday 8a-4p. Weekdays hours are scheduled between 8a-8p. This site sees a combination of scheduled family medicine patients as well as acute walk ins. The APP would carry their own patient panel.
1. Willingness to learn new roles within scope of practice.
2. Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
3. Demonstrate organizational skills that allow timely patient appointments and appropriate required follow up.
4. Presents a courteous and service oriented image through positive and helpful interaction with patients and families, physicians and co-workers.
5. Participates in NP/PA activities throughout PREVEA and community.
6. Participates in community activities.
1. Registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
2. Graduate of a master`s level nurse practitioner program.
3. Certification through ANCC or ANA.
4. Certified in the State of Wisconsin as an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber or certification eligible, obtaining certification at the first opportunity.
5. Maintains current CPR certification, ACLS certification desirable.
6. Experience requirements may vary.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a hospital and / or a clinic environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies.
- Vision must be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be in the normal range
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
- Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids.
- Requires working under stress in emergency situations.
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner -- Urgent Care
Job Classification: Provider
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 23-054 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.