Clinical Support Aide/Certified Medical Assistant/EMT/LPN- Employee Health - East Mason
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Clinical Support Aide 2 / CMA
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional support with progression towards clinical practice
Date of Analysis: 8/11/2022 Date of Revision/Review:
Overall expectation statement:
Assist Employee Health (EH)/Infection Prevention (IP) Nurses with overall administrative support of Prevea Health employees with emphasis in occupational health, safety, and wellness of all Prevea Health personnel through surveillance, identification, reporting, education, and review of all issues related to illness / disease detection, prevention, and treatment in accordance with organizational policies, practices, procedures, and applicable regulations.
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Supports the overall team in a productive and positive manner. Greet everyone in an engaging and positive manner and serves as a support to the entire clinical team. Makes a positive impression on any person utilizing Prevea Health services whether on the phone or in person. Work to the highest skill level trained in/signed off on through education program.
(This list may not include all the duties assigned)
- Chart review after physicals--enter all vaccine/immunity history, test results, fit test records, etc. into applicable place (Systoc, Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR), spreadsheets, etc.)
- Use templates to email lab results and lab orders to employees on behalf of RN
- Supply ordering (Electronic Healthcare Systems (EHS) & Staples)
- Review lab charges and submit to Accounting for payment
- Make employee health (EH) charts
- Assist with employee vaccine (i.e., Influenza, COVID, etc.) process planning: work with clinical departments to facilitate site-based clinics, schedule employee flu vaccine clinics for non-clinical sites and reserve conference room, enter vaccines into WIR
- Send immunization records to employees upon request and to other facilities after confirming authorization for release
- Assist with Respiratory Protection Program (annual for designated staff): send out medical clearance forms, forward to RN for review and signature upon receiving, schedule and perform fit testing and monthly (Powered Air Purifying Respirator) PAPR checks
- Assist with Hazardous Medication Employee Surveillance Program: under direction of IP/Safety Coordinator, send reminders/forms and orders for required medical surveillance
- Locum & Resident Health Requirements: review incoming vaccine/immunity, TB records based on health requirements document on spreadsheet and consult with RN to assist with interpretation if needed
- Communicate with Locum or Resident Coordinator regarding outstanding health requirements
- Process terminations (enter in Systoc, update spreadsheets and file chart)
- Perform clinical skills that have been completed and checked off on through school program.
- Tasked assigned by team per the level of training currently trained on.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must display excellent teamwork
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to think critically using provided information in the decision-making process
- Knowledge of the computer systems with an emphasis on learning and training in EPIC, MS Office and Systoc
- Experience in healthcare setting preferred
- Current CPR certification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Working towards licensure or certification within field of practice
Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
Combination of medical office and clinical exam room setting. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings moves intermittently throughout facilities and is subject to frequent interruptions. Driving from site to site is required, as needed.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Clinical Support Aide II-CLSUP2
Position Located In
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 22-635 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.