Clinical Support Aide I/II- Family Medicine/Internal Medicine/Pediatrics- Altoona- PRN
This position will work as needed
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Clinical Support Aide 2
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional support with progression towards clinical practice
Date of Analysis: 8/11/2022 Date of Revision/Review:
Overall expectation statement:
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Supports the overall team in a productive and positive manner. Greet all patients and visitors in an engaging and positive manner and serves as a support to the entire clinical team. Makes a positive impression on any person utilizing Prevea Health services whether on the phone or in person. Work to the highest skill level trained in/signed off on through education program.
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Assist in management of documents within the department such as (paper refills, faxes, forms etc.)
- Schedule noncomplex hospital and office tests or office visits as appropriate
- Pre visit chart preparation and post visit check outs as trained
- Pend paper refill orders
- Processes incoming mail, scans, copies and faxes as needed, prints and updates forms
- Ability to maintain and order clinical supplies as needed.
- Ability to keep exam room supplies stocked and cleaned.
- Disinfection and sterilization of instruments with completion of the autoclave training
- Obtain prior authorizations for medications and procedures as appropriate
- Assisting clinical staff in cleaning exam rooms following patient visits
- Performs daily crash cart checks and start and end of day department check lists
- Perform clinical skills that have been completed and checked off on through school program.
- Tasked assigned by team per the level of training currently trained on.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must display excellent teamwork
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to think critically using provided information in the decision-making process
- Knowledge of the computer systems with an emphasis on learning and training on the EPIC system
- Experience in healthcare setting preferred
- Current CPR certification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Working towards licensure or certification within field of practice
Other duties as assigned
Typical Working Conditions:
Combination of medical office and clinical exam room setting. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies.. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids. Vision must be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be in normal range.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Clinical Support Aide II-CLSUP2
Position Located In
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 22-888 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.