Certified Medical Assistant/Employee Health Associate- East Mason
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Employee Health Associate/Certified Medical Assistant
Job Classification: Indirect Patient Care/Clinical Support
Date of Analysis: 5/4/2021 Date of Revision/Review:
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Assist Employee Health (EH)/Infection Prevention (IP) Nurses with overall administrative support of Prevea Health employees with emphasis in the area of occupational health, safety and wellness of all Prevea Health personnel through surveillance, identification, reporting, education, and review of all issues related to illness / disease detection, prevention and treatment in accordance with organizational policies, practices, procedures and applicable regulations.
- Chart review after physicals--enter all vaccine/immunity history, test results, fit test records, etc. into applicable place (Systoc, Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR), spreadsheets, etc.)
- Use templates to email lab results and lab orders to employees on behalf of RN
- Supply ordering (Electronic Healthcare Systems (EHS) & Staples)
- Review lab charges and submit to Accounting for payment
- Make employee health (EH) charts
- Assist with employee vaccine (i.e. Influenza, COVID, etc.) process planning :work with clinical departments to facilitate site-based clinics, schedule employee flu vaccine clinics for non-clinical sites and reserve conference room, accompanies RN to vaccine clinic to assist in administering vaccines, enter flu vaccines into WIR
- Under the direction of RN or provider, administer vaccines to employees that are needed to meet health requirements and document appropriately
- Send immunization records to employees upon request and to other facilities after confirming authorization for release
- Assist with Respiratory Protection Program (annual for designated staff): send out medical clearance forms, forward to RN for review and signature upon receiving, schedule and perform fit testing and monthly (Powered Air Purifying Respirator) PAPR checks
- Assist with Hazardous Medication Employee Surveillance Program: under direction of IP/Safety Coordinator, send reminders/forms and orders for required medical surveillance
- Locum & Resident Health Requirements: review incoming vaccine/immunity, TB records based on health requirements document on spreadsheet and consult with RN to assist with interpretation if needed
- Communicate with Locum or Resident Coordinator regarding outstanding health requirements
- Process terminations (enter in Systoc, update spreadsheets and file chart)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must display excellent teamwork
- Ability to work under stressful or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level
- Must possess logical thinking skills to effectively solve problems
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Current Certified or Registered medical assistant
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Intermediate experience with technical programs, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency in the use of phone and office equipmentNon-Essential Duties:
- Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings, moves intermittently throughout facilities and is subject to frequent interruptions. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies. Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and hearing within normal range. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Driving from site to site is required, as needed.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 21-431 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.