CMA/LPN -Breast Surgery- Allouez
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Licensed Practical Nurse / Certified Medical Assistant
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
Date of Analysis: 8/11/2014 Date of Revision/Review: 5/19/2015
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Provide professional nursing or medical assistant care under supervision or scope of licensure for clinic patients
- Facilitate/perform the gathering of patient information and document accordingly
- Assist with office procedures as directed
- Assist with the preparation of equipment and aid physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients
- Oversee appointment bookings
- Instruct patients and families by phone as directed within scope of licensure or certification
- Greet patients and prepare them for physician examination
- Screen patients for appropriate information
- Maintains timely flow of patients
- Communicate with hospitals and other offices as directed by providers
- Complete forms as needed
- Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including re-stocking of treatment areas
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Perform related work as required
- Knowledge of principles and skills needed for practical nurse or medical assistant to provide patient care
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under stressful or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Must display excellent teamwork
- Must possess skills to effectively solve problems
- Skill in assisting with a variety of clinic based tasks
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients, medical staff and the public
Licensed Practical Nurse
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing
- Valid state license to practice practical nursing
- CPR certification
- LPN experience preferred
Certified Medical Assistant
If holds other licenses that supersede CMA/RMA license may practice to the highest level of licensure with the approval of Quality Resources in writing. Approval to be kept on file with department supervisor. Employee must maintain licensure to continue working at higher level of service
- Current Certified or Registered medical assistant
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer, phone, and office equipment
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
- Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs
- Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and hearing within normal range
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Conditions:
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
CMA/LPN Bilingual (job posting-PCBILI
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 21-349 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.