LOOKING FOR 3RD SHIFT STAFF WORKING MIDNIGHT TO 8:30 A.M.
- On-site oversight and support for the family homeless shelter.
- Overall management and development of services for individuals and families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness
- Operate and deliver services in accordance with current policies and procedures, contract requirements, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Position is under the direct supervision of the Deputy Housing Director.
- Adhere to agency policy and procedures.
- Exceptional Communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Has a strong work ethic putting the needs of the organization and clients first priority.
- Ambassador for Newcap, Inc., along with all employees, and responsible for marketing/promoting the organization and its programs both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates leadership to gain and maintain credibility, trust, and respect of all employees
- Proactively and effectively communicates the knowledge gained from education to others in the organization, through the use of presentations, e-mail, and conversations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Provide shelter oversight of residents
- Responsible for the daily operations of the shelter including, cleanliness, safety, and security of the facility to ensure the building and facilities are maintained as necessary to provide a safe and effective environment for employees, clients, volunteers, and visitors.
- Conduct facility walk throughs regularly
- Maintain inventory of shelter supplies and donations for shelter operations.
- Provide feedback to Shelter Case Manager about observed resident progress and resident interactions
- Assist residents with completing mainstream resource applications.
- Conduct crisis intervention as needed.
2. Provide Coordination Strategies
- Complete Coordinated Entry referrals on an as needed basis
- Follow Coordinated Entry policies and procedures
- Assist unsheltered individuals and families with motel vouchers as needed following the funding rules
- Advocate for program participants as they search for supportive and/or independent housing and provide oversight of internal housing programs.
- Help participants create support systems and participate in the community as they desire.
- Implement case plans provided by the Shelter Case Manager.
- Provide independent living skills support to the Shelter Case Manager
- Work with clients to find alternate housing and get them referred to community resources
- Conduct crisis intervention as needed.
- Maintain relationships with services providers, volunteers, staff and community members.
- Maintain regular contact with the Deputy Housing Director to apprise him/her of client progress and to assist in the resolution of potential problems.
3. Provide Data Quality and Completeness:
- Complete paperwork and case notes accurately and on timely basis. Ensure that case notes are complete and accurate.
- Set up and maintain entries into CAPtain Database and in the HMIS database in a timely manner and ensure accuracy.
- Maintain client documentation and tracking outcomes in CAPtain and HMIS.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This work is generally performed in an office environment. Much of the work will take place in the shelter setting. Some overnight and out of state travel is may be required.
EFFORT: Long periods of time working at a computer terminal. Use of keyboard may be stressful to hands or wrists. Must be able to see, hear and speak. Frequent handling and fingering, reading, working with information, standing, walking. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds, reaching, climbing, stooping.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT: Computer, cell phone, printer, photocopy machine, fax machine, calculator, shredder, telephone, van or car.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Degree
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and the overall use of computers and general office equipment.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, write using proper grammar/punctuation, and communicate effectively
- Possess organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Computer skills
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, project management, presentation, graphics, layout, and design.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision or over-site.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Employee must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the on line application at the link below. (Note: please scroll down the career page to find the application.)
Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer