JOB TITLE: Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance Intake Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt $17.00 per hour LTE Employment Assignment
REPORTS TO: Deputy Housing Director
- Must be able to complete essential training
- Must be able to work with utility vendors and customers
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to use a computer and complete data entry
- Ability to work with households in crisis from various social backgrounds
- Ability to enter data into a computer system with speed and accuracy
- Strong record-keeping and writing skills and computer proficiency
- Adhere to agency policy and procedures.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Has a strong work ethic putting the needs of the organization and clients first priority.
- Ambassador for Newcap, Inc., along with all employees, and responsible for marketing/promoting the organization and its programs both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates leadership to gain and maintain credibility, trust, and respect of all employees
- Proactively and effectively communicates the knowledge gained from education to others in the organization, through the use of presentations, e-mail, and conversatiions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Provide intake for clients seeking assistance
- Assess customer needs and determine eligibility
- Maintain documentation, conduct record keeping electrically and on paper
- Must be able to complete on-line applications for applicants
- Conduct applicant intake and assist with service coordination
- Must be able to understand and accurately implement program rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Answer questions regarding available services, and provide resources to clients
- Provide information and referrals to participants for programs operated by Newcap
- Perform other duties as assigned
This work is generally performed in an office environment. Much of the work will take place in the field across the nine-county region and in other areas of the state.
No overnight travel is expected for this position, with the rare exception for training purposes. There may be occasional local day travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- At least one year experience in customer service and related office systems. Knowledge of and ability to work with other agencies/organizations and effectively coordinate services.
- Experience or ability to main records, prepare written documents, reports and other materials both hard copies and electronically.
- Qualified individuals must possess the ability to deliver and engage in difficult conversations regarding program guidelines and criteria, have the ability to address and prioritize client situations requiring immediate action/attention.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the on line application at the link below. (Note: please scroll down the career page to find the application.)
Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer