Job #: 47081
Title: Accounting Specialist - Reinsurance
Job Location: New York - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: $95,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% target bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a tremendous growth and learning opportunity that can lead to advancement opportunities within the company. Individuals who have held this position in the past are now officers in the company. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsibility for ensuring that the accounts receivable function maintains premium debt at an acceptable level through allocation of cash.
- Responsibility for monitoring collection of outstanding debts owed to the company.
- Responsibility for production of all management information demonstrating the effective operation of accounts receivable including unallocated cash, debt levels, and operational performance against service standards.
- Responsibility for interface with brokers and underwriters to resolve ongoing accounts receivable queries.
- Responsibility for resolving and reconciling all accounts receivable related queries.
- Responsibility for ensuring that systems and procedures in relation to accounts receivable are appropriate for operational effectiveness.
- Responsibility for maintaining key relationships with brokers, underwriters, and counterparts to identify and implement enhanced procedures where necessary.
- Provide reports on accounts receivable performance and related issues as and when required.
- Ensure any audit recommendations are implemented and adhered to.
- Work with counterparts to ensure full transparency of US accounts receivable process.
- A degree from a four-year accredited institution or alternatively an associate degree from an accredited institution and demonstrated relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with a background in reinsurance.
- Reinsurance accounting and/or processing experience is required.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with underwriters and brokers.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular an advanced level of MS Excel.
- Competent in managing own workload and working on own initiative.
- Strong organisational skills.
Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus but not mandatory
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: