Job #: 47191
Title: Senior Process Engineer - Corporate
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: + 25% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Newly created role for high growth alcohol beverage company. Addition to Corporate Engineering department. Focus on optimization across three plants: SC, AZ & NJ. A lot of low hanging fruit to optimize process and make a significant impact on business. Great opportunity to bring structure & processes to teams.
Can be based in Chicago (corporate) or Phoenix or Columbia, SC and work onsite at plants. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Senior Process Engineer, Corporate will lead the optimization of the manufacturing-based process systems including brewing, fermentation, filtration, blending, sterilization, and CIP. The Senior Process Engineer, Corporate will work collaboratively with the plant teams to build a world class operation focusing on plant process system, operational excellence and continuous improvement. This vision will be accomplished through the collaborative implementation of industry accepted standard methodologies, operational standardization across plant teams, innovative cost savings initiatives, and operational downtime reductions.
Your ability to work effectively with internal and external customers in support of delivering highly effective utility system operations will be critical to be successful in this role.
As a Senior Process Engineer, Corporate your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, advise and lead overall control and coordination of all activities related to process system optimization
- Initiates procedures and guidelines for system operation and standardization.
- Benchmarks industry leaders, incorporating standard methodologies in operations.
- Drives cost savings through system optimization.
- Develops and implements corporate standards for process system design and operation.
- Collaborate with the Plant Engineering team to ensure safe, efficient operation of systems and collaborate to resolve any outstanding operational issues in the plant process systems.
- Supports the business through cost reduction in process system operation.
- Understands and optimizes system operation
- Solve issues with plant teams as required
- Build an overall project budget, compile budget requests, and generate capitalization plan based on project timeline.
- Provides guidance to maintenance and compliance teams as required.
- Understand the impact of cycle and parameter changes and adjust forecasts accordingly.
- Work with appropriate business and procurement teams to ensure support from vendors regarding setup, installation, repairs and maintenance are satisfactory
- Provide monthly/quarterly operational and budget updates
Team & Leadership Functions
- Models Company core values
- Collaborates effectively with all levels of the plant team
- Easily communicates sophisticated ideas and solutions to company leadership team for approval
- Bachelors Degree in engineering or related field required; Graduate degree preferred
- 10-20+ years of experience in plant operations and/or process system design, commissioning, and operation
- Proven track record of cost savings from system optimization
- Extensive experience in plant and equipment operation and reliability improvement
- Experience developing and implementing effective preventive maintenance and condition-based maintenance programs
- Experience with CMMS systems required
- Six Sigma qualification a plus
The Senior Process Engineer, Corporate position is well-suited for you if you possess:
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership with sustainable results
- Demonstrated effective management and development of engineering and technical staff
- Experience implementing continuous improvement or re-engineering of work process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead change and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes/programs
- Can effectively identify and evaluate technical and non-technical opportunities for improvement and translate them to financial terms that provides a business case and supports investment.
- Has the ability to simplify solutions, articulate a strategy and deliver to it.
Willingness to travel ~50%
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: