Job #: 47186
Title: Quality Assurance Engineer II
Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: $85,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
The QA Engineer II is responsible for coordinating the daily quality outputs within an assigned role or program to support product designed and delivered to a military, Aerospace or commercial customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for defined quality processes for a facility, program(s), or specific quality areas which may include supplier quality, software testing, development and support.
- Acts as primary customer interface for all program and product quality matters.
- Participates in activities associated with the defined quality process or Program(s) area, including quality planning, continuous improvements, special project leadership, design and development actions, etc.
- Supports and implements quality improvement initiatives to reduce process variation and prevent defects and/or non-compliance including software.
- Effectively uses data collection methods and evaluation to assess quality problems and develop resolutions.
- Supports integrated product/process teams, including analysis of data, development of action plans, problem solving, and carrying out actions to meet objectives.
- Leverages statistical analysis, root cause analysis, quality tools and problem solving concepts such as SPC, Control Charts, Six Sigma, 5 Why/DMAIC/DIVE into the production environment.
- Supports Quality Assurance Program Plans per customer requirements, including quality planning, design, development actions, and plan implementation.
- Assists with problem solving activities, continuous improvement projects, kaizen or Lean Manufacturing events, and quality management system requirement responsibilities.
- Supports integration with the process inputs/outputs to successfully drive quality results.
- Participates in internal audits, reporting and action plans as needed.
- Supports supplier quality responsibilities, including supplier corrective actions, supplier audits, supplier selection and approval, supplier quality performance ratings and reviews, and supplier follow up actions when assigned.
- Works with suppliers to resolve issues and data collection on performance as assigned.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Maintains the highest standards for Safety, Quality and Housekeeping
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or other closely related field of study required
- ASQ Certification or equivalent preferred: Quality Engineer, Six Sigma Green Belt
- Minimum 4 years experience in manufacturing environment in the areas of supplier quality, statistical techniques, failure analysis and corrective action.
- Prior experience with government contracts preferred
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD clearance
- Prior experience with Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Familiar with Lean Principles and possess a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong problem solving skills, sound judgment, initiative and creativity
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills
- High energy and a proactive, results-driven approach to role
- Performs with high integrity throughout all areas of internal and external business activity
- Knowledge of quality improvement tools - mistake-proofing/poke-yoke, 5-S, visual management aids, capability studies, A3 problem analysis tools, etc.
- Experience with AS 9100/ISO 9001 QMS requirements to support quality system operations
- Advance understanding of principles, concepts, laws and practices and their application within discipline or function; strong knowledge of related disciplines or functions
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and Access Database development
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects weighing up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or a negligible amount of weight frequently. Use of computer.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: