Job #: 47493
Title: VP, Controller
Job Location: Tampa, Florida - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: $130,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Community Bank with an incredible presence; experiencing tremendous growth. Strong focus on community involvement. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Controller works closely with the CAO to oversee the Banks and bank holding companys (the Company) accounting activities.
This position ensures accurate internal and external recording and reporting of financial transactions.
In addition, the Controller oversees effective project and change management; establishes and maintains the Companys overall accounting systems, internal controls, procedures, and policies; coordinates external audits; assists with preparation of required SEC and regulatory reports; and presents analyses and recommendations to senior management related to strategic financial issues/decisions.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
1. Manages the month-end closing process.
2. Works closely with the CFO and CAO to plan, develop and implement effective accounting controls, policies, and procedures. Assists in monitoring new accounting pronouncements and works to assess the impact and when applicable, implement the proper accounting.
3. Calculates or reviews calculations of significant estimates and complex transactions including, but not limited to, allowance for loan losses, loan sales gains, deferred fees and costs, lease liability, benefit plan liabilities, mortgage derivatives, etc.
4. Reviews income and expense entries for appropriateness and assures all monthly entries have been made, accrued, or prepaid timely.
5. Reviews all general ledger and internal demand deposit reconciliations and ensures all general ledger accounts are reconciled timely and accurately on a daily or monthly basis.
6. Assists in managing the banks capital, liquidity, and interest rate risk components of the CAMELS rating system.
7. Prepare or review other periodic financial statements and reports (e.g. ALCO, Board meeting financials, Branch Profitability, IRR Reports, Annual Report, CALL Report). QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements (include but are not limited to):
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent experience.
MBA or MS in Accounting a plus.
CPA Certification preferred.
7-10 years relevant experience with increasing responsibility.
Banking experience is a must with knowledge of banking procedures, policies, and regulations governing financial institutions.
SEC/SOX experience preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including strong Microsoft Excel skills.
Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Strong interpersonal skills along with solid verbal and written communication ability.
Highly organized with the ability to problem solve.
Ability to anticipate and identify complex financial issues.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment where changes are not uncommon.
Detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: