Job #: 47572
Title: Process Engineer
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: plus 10 - 12%
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- This organization has a growth-mindset, a capital budget to spend, and a well-staffed engineering team. If you can cost-justify a project, it is likely move forward.
- This site maintains an excellent EH&S culture and safety records.
- Flexible work would include alternating Fridays off (except during a turn-arounds or other special projects. )
- Expect competitive base pay + bonus that has historically paid at or above target; Plus, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, a fantastic relocation package.
As a Process Engineering in a well-established Chemical Manufacturing plant, youll be involved with all aspects of Process & Project Engineering. Youll spend time in the plant coming up with future improvement projects as well as completing small capital projects from start to finish. (There are also Mechanical and Electrical Engineers on site to partner with.)
- Take responsibility for on-going plant optimization; conduct raw materials, yield, and energy improvement studies; use ChemCad for process modeling
- Become a plant process expert and take a leadership role in initiating process improvement projects
- Assist the Production Engineers and Operating staff with plant troubleshooting.
- Design and implementation process modifications to improve safety, throughput, and energy efficiency; execute small Capital Projects ($10K-300K) including equipment upgrades, process control improvements, and maintenance repairs.
- Facilitate and participate in Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), compile written process safety information, and implement action items. 9they also have a PSM Engineer to assist.)
- Conduct prestart up safety reviews (PSSR)
- Work within the SH&E Management System and actively support safety objectives with a goal of zero incidents
- Develop engineering and maintenance procedures
- Assist customers as required.
We are searching for a mid-career Chemical Process Engineer who enjoys working in a plant environment and who would thrive leading process plant optimization initiatives and projects.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in a chemical plant or refinery
- Best from a site that operates under the OSHA PSM Regulations-(Process Safety Management)
- Technical awareness of good engineering standards, practices, and codes.
- Strong skills in communication, planning skills, and data/ facts analysis.
- Ability to partner with people having diverse backgrounds and lead teams that include engineers, chemists, hourly workers, and their supervisors.
- Best with time spent interacting with Union Labor employees (but not required)
- Proficient in the use of ChemCAD for process modeling is a plus
- MUST be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without sponsorship. Sorry, no current or future sponsorship available.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: All new hires vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire. must be fully
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: