Job #: 47556
Title: Director of Finance
Job Location: San Leandro, California - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $130,000.00 - $145,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Strong commitment to helping the community and serving the public.
This person will be a leader in finance and administration throughout the organization. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Finance directs the financial operations of the agencies and prepares financial analyses of operations, including financial statements with supporting schedules for use by management. The Director of Finance is responsible for the agencys financial policies and procedures, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, the preparation of financial reports, and the purchasing function. The Director of Finance supervises staff that performs the functions of general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, cash receipts, purchasing and grant accounting. The Director of Finance provides leadership and technical assistance to staff and supervisors in sound fiscal management practices, contract compliance and budget development, including assistance in initiating and managing the budgeting process and specific business plans. The Director of Finance also participates as requested in long and short term financial planning, cash management, business development strategies, and special projects.
- Responsible for overseeing the organization`s accounting activities which include establishing and maintaining the organizations accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of financial statements and other management reports
- Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Ensures that all documentation complies with company regulations, professional standards, federal and state regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Coordinate the development of the annual audit plan and review it with the outside auditor and CFO.
- Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Assist in the management of all treasury activities, including maintenance of operating reserves, investment of short-term funds, bank accounts and relationships.
- Ensure that the financial information systems are appropriate and they provide the data necessary for decision making on a timely basis.
- Oversee the record keeping, data collection, and timely report generation for all financial and accounting activity (including the annual budget, regulatory filings and reports, funder/grantor reports, etc.).
- Analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Oversees the production of all reporting.
- Prepare annual information returns and other reports required by regulatory bodies.
- Direct and coordinate all functions of payroll, insuring tax compliance and employee benefit reporting including filing of all pension and welfare and benefits reports.
- Assist in the preparation of budget proposals for current and future grants/contracts.
- Supervises the grant accounting process for grants including all journal entries
- Monitors invoices, working closely with program managers/directors to monitor cash flow and grants receivable.
- Monitors budgets, grants and funds, reviews and analyzes cost of program
- Oversite of payroll processing, maintaining control over coding and posting
- Reviews computations of gross pay, accruals, status forms and input of changes into payroll system.
- Compares payroll input to information from personnel to insure accuracy.
- Reviews and approves payroll reports, pre-tax benefits and other benefit plans.
- Prior non-profit leadership experience
- Prior experience with grant accounting or administration
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: