Job #: 47539
Title: Regional Sales Engineer
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Remote Job: Yes
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 20% commission w/ a cap at 40%
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Immediate Hire! Immediate Need! Work for a global leader of quality water solutions for industrial and municipal settings. Publicly traded and excellent benefits JOB DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager, Central to develop and execute aggressive growth strategies and comprehensive sales plans to penetrate the Water Treatment Instrumentation market with emphasis on municipal and industrial areas. This position will manage and direct all daily and long-range sales activities for the Region. Technical knowledge of the water treatment industry is a must! Activities will include sales management, customer relationships, new business development, proposal development and quotations, sales projections, pricing strategies, contract development and management, and maintaining the opportunity funnel. If you enjoy being the voice of the customer and promote a customer centric mindset. QUALIFICATIONS
- Manages and directs all daily and long-range activities of Central Region to include sales management, customer relations, inventory control, proposal development and quotations, pricing strategies, and managing channel conflict.
- Shows leadership in the development of a sales channels including manufacturers reps and distributors.
- Comfortable presenting on technical topics at industry trade shows and regional trainings.
- Participate in the creation of the annual orders and sales plan, quarterly forecasts, and execute plans to meet the Annual Operating Plan targets through strategic account planning.
- Drive and implement business initiatives to trigger growth.
- Manage Sales/Marketing efforts within the defined region.
- Help customers select the equipment they require based on current product offering.
- Provide input to marketing, product management, and product development to create leading-edge products and services positioned to leverage company strengths.
- Understanding the vertical markets, its customers needs, and the competitor landscape.
- Achieve industry-leading customer satisfaction via best-in-class training, coaching and development.
- Build long-tern relationships with customers and strengthen company image with industry luminaries.
- Attend trade shows and industry events as required to represent our products in the marketplace.
- Create and present technical presentations at tradeshows, industry events, customers, and manufacturers reps.
- Demonstrates urgency when responding to customer issues and opportunities.
- Make calls on customers alone and with distributors and reps to close business
- Share best practices and help formulate strategies for identifying, developing, and managing new business channels by leveraging synergies across company platforms.
- Responsible for driving pricing initiatives by collaborating with product management and ensuring they have necessary market intelligence.
- Break down internal barriers and be a catalyst for platform success.
- Proficiency of personal computer skills to include spreadsheets, word documents, and main frame operating systems.
- Able to work and foster a harmonious working relationship with co-workers.
- Ability to assist customers in developing forecasts, anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical)
- 5+ years of experience in Regional Sales Management.
- Demonstrated ability in Technical Sales (Industrial, Municipal, or Chemistry arena)
- Prior experience in water treatment
- Ability to provide technical insight into water product line and resolve issues
- Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform on a strategic and tactical level.
- High initiative and an upbeat, positive attitude a must.
- Accustomed to travel up to 50% in the central region of the United States.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: