Job #: 47532
Title: SAP Applications Manager
Job Location: Marathon, Wisconsin - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We aren`t just one mans vision; its a true team of proud, passionate, hard-working individuals that believe in what they do. We grew a small town and a field of opportunity into a respected industry leader, and it didnt happen overnight. Its taken over 50 years of ingenuity and teamwork to make us what we are today. With an average employee seniority of 25 years plus, we are an employer of choice in Central Wisconsin. JOB DESCRIPTION
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Application Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the development team by planning, coordinating, and supervising all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications. The Application Development Manager is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications.
- Manage development tasks for SAP and .Net
- Mentor and lead the application development team
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Tactfully maintain confidentiality of information with internal and external customers.
- Assess business process requirements - Analyze the structure and flow of the business work to identify possible application solutions. Be aware of the latest software developments and create ways that software can be applied to make the business more efficient and successful. Participate in requirements analysis by collaborating with internal teams.
- Manage system application software implementation and upgrades - Lead a team of IT developers responsible for implementing and upgrading system application software. Ensure that the servers are all ready before implementing new systems, and then carefully monitor the rolling-out process to catch any snags.
- Troubleshoot problems with the software - Provide technical support and problem resolution related to business application software systems. Whenever there is a problem with the software, review the issue and come up with a solution.
- Create processes and protocols for software - Create, develop and oversee protocols and procedures on usage for all new software introduced to the company. Once these standards are developed, ensure users are trained.
The hiring manager is really looking for someone who can manage the development team and have the technical ability themselves in order to jump in and do the work if needed. I have heard him say if the team has an issue I would expect the manager to have the hands on technical ability to jump in and help solve the problem.
This person will oversee a small team of 5-8 developers
While speaking to candidates make sure they want to be a hands on manager, make sure they know what a Three Tier Architecture is, why batch tracking in the food industry is so important. I have also heard him ask candidates to explain the various types of relationships in a database and to define them.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems preferred; Associates degree required
- Twenty years experience in application development preferred
- Strong background in good manufacturing practices (preferably food or pharmaceuticals industries)
- Fifteen years leading a development team who develops .Net software applications with extensive hands on experience designing and writing code
- Fifteen years working with MS SQL Server (preferred), Oracle or DB2 Databases
- Integration of Manufacturing Executions Systems (MES) with ERP Systems
- SAP experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Project management principles
- Experience with information system troubleshooting
- Demonstrated skill in developing automated business systems
- Knowledge of advanced systems analysis methods, practices, and principles
- Knowledge of cost modeling principles
- Experience preparing workflow analyses
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively under time constraints
- Analyze problems, propose solutions, make and carry out logical decisions and follow up with feedback where appropriate
- A good general awareness, including practical knowledge regarding current market conditions
- Great people skills and feeling of comfort while working and managing others
- Flexible approach
- Requires the ability to apply knowledge
- Ability to travel when necessary (less than 10%)
- Exceptional team player with integrity, confidence and composure
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, communication and consensus building skills
- Passion for and knowledge of data, creativity, technology and emerging media
- Self-starter with a positive outlook
- Active listener
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Passion for excellence
- Results oriented
- Proactive and organized, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning
- Credible, confident, and articulate with good communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Builds solid cross-functional relationships
- Creates positive impact/environment
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and decision making
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: