Job #: 47607
Title: Network Engineer - REMOTE
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Remote Job: Yes
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
In this role, you will own the network by reviewing the existing state and working on the future plan and tool recommendations.
Short and long term, you will lead the specifications, deployment, administration, security, compliance, and auditing of the network infrastructure hardware, software, and configuration
- You will be encouraged to contribute design recommendations for hardware, software, configuration modifications, and automation to improve efficiency, cost, and business continuity throughout North America.
- Follow current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and recommend adjustments as necessary as well as contribute to the development of new SOPs and policies
- Vendor interaction to support business activities related to network tools and performance
- Coordinate efforts to Design, Deploy and Administer the following technologies:
- Routing protocols with an expert level understanding of BGP and OSPF
- Switching architecture and protocols (VLANs, VTP, Trunking, Port-channeling, Spanning Tree)
- Network Authentication (RADIUS, TACACS+)
- Local and wide-area components (including wide and local area networks, MPLS, IP addressing, Gig-E, V-LANS, routing, OSPF, BGP, firewall configurations and data flows, and other infrastructure components)
- Managed security services, including site-to-site and remote access VPN
- Strong IP sub-netting and IP management
- Thorough knowledge of public/private IP addressing management, network address translation, and summarization
- Firewall technologies (Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, CheckPoint, Fortigate)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure) interconnectivity and NaaS deployments and integrations.
- Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)
- Traffic management and shaping experience with Quality of Service
We have an exciting new Senior Network Engineer role for our global client. This is a Full-Time, Direct Hire, REMOTE position. Ideally, the candidate could live in the midwest near Chicago for as-needed travel (less than 5%).
This will be working on an entirely virtual network. QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of successful experience with a proven track in a similar role
- 4+ years of network experience with Cisco
- Expertise and experience with local and wide-area components (including wide and local area networks, MPLS, IP addressing, Gig-E, V-LANS, routing, OSPF, BGP, firewall configurations and data flows, and other infrastructure components)
- Extensive knowledge of the Telecom industry and network protocols.
- Strong understanding and experience with NGFW technologies focusing on IPS, Malware, SSL Inspection, and threat management.
- Extensive knowledge of VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL, L2L, VTI, Hub Spoke, Remote user VPN)
- Global Traffic Management, Load balancing, and failover technologies
- Business Process Outsourcing industry experience
- Call Center technologies a plus
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE
How to Apply: