Job #: 46623
Title: Sr. Project Manager- Consumer Finance, Retail Credit, Credit Card Issuer (CRG 1829)
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia - United States
Remote Job: Yes
Salary: $80,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus up to 5%
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have recruited for this credit card issuer since about 2001. They are profitable and has very stable and very impressive leadership. In fact, we`ve worked with the same CEO and Chief Risk Officer for years. They are a publicly traded holding company based in Atlanta Georgia. The total FTE are under 300, and there is no room on staff for executives in corner offices. Every person needs to be able and willing to be in the weeds. Their stock has tripled in value in under 3 years. (I know, because I own some). They move FAST.
Stability matters a lot to them. They prefer candidates who stick around at a job, and anyone with repeated 1-3 year stints will be viewed with trepidation.
We need financial services background, lending or credit card. Fintech is great. Candidates must have managed and led projects within the consumer lending, credit card, or retail credit sectors. Subprime lending, secondary lending, or tertiary loans preferred but prime credit is okay as well. Experience with the Fiserv (legacy First Data Omaha) credit card processing platform is a plus. We are not looking for candidates for insurance, wealth management, or investment banking.
They are willing to consider employees who are 100% remote. However, there will be times when the Senior Project Manager will be wanted on site and that shouldn`t be delayed by a day or two for travel. Any travel hub or metropolitan area will be fine. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Senior Project Manager serves as a subject matter expert to Risk, cross functional team members, and partners. Their primary role is to ensure seamless deployments of new features and products across our business verticals, clients, and merchants. This exciting role will work closely with senior leadership, strategic partnerships and various internal stakeholders to deliver superior services, products and features. The ideal person will be ambitious, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Manage the throughput of projects, features, and enhancements using our PMO methodology
- Interview sponsors and stakeholders to gather scope and business requirements
- Manage prioritized efforts from ideation to market
- Analyzes complex problems, platforms, or opportunities and offer alternative business solutions with policy/procedural improvements to deliver best in class service.
- Manages and participates in user acceptance testing and post-production support of integrations, or other teams needing assistance within the company
- Lead cross-functional projects and remove barriers to meet deadlines and position the team for success
- Able to accept and manage changing priorities and address issues quickly and professionally
- Seeks opportunities to stay current, expand expertise, and continuously adds value
- Proven track record delivering projects, products, and features on-time.
- Highly organized self-starter
- Driven with focus on project objectives
- Creative problem solver
- Resourceful, finds a path forward
- Accountable, takes ownership of tasks, projects, or areas needing leadership
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization, clients, partners, and customers
- Fiserv knowledge of system features and functionality would be a bonus
- General purpose credit cards and retail credit finance experience
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant relevant work experience
- Minimum five years experience working in financial services, consumer finance, and retail credit. Background in second look financing is a bonus.
- Proven project management leadership with a minimum of five years experience
This role works closely with key departmental and project stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively within all levels of management and within the organization is critical to this role.
- None required for this position
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations
Self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, capacity to handle multiple projects, tasks, and additional responsibilities to drive the business forward
- Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Post pandemic, travel expected to be less than 10% annually
- Regular, full-time position
- Ideally, this person will be based in Atlanta. We are willing to entertain remote candidates, but the closer to Atlanta you are based and the more easily you can be onsite, the better.
How to Apply: