Job #: 47792
Title: Deputy Director - Utilities
Job Location: Anchorage, Alaska - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: $105,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Anchorage is a dynamic location, with mountains surrounding and abundant wildlife and waterways across the area. There is easy access to year-around outdoor activities including boating, general aviation, hiking, hunting, fishing, skiing, 4-wheeling, and snow-machining. The university in the area offers continuing education opportunities, cultural activities and provides a center for the community to grow. JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Manage and develop the electrical front-line supervisors and employees ensuring compliance with company policies and work procedures.
2. Coordinate and perform periodic site inspections and provide feedback to the Director and construction project manager regarding QC compliance, safety issues and status of projects and activities by company employees and contractors.
3. Perform periodic audits and inspections to ensure proper accountability of materials.
4. Review worksite logs, production reports and specification sheets to verify that reports adhere to quality control standards and specifications.
5. Gather, enter, and review information for reports to outside agencies as well as enter/review the Operations and Maintenance Weekly and Monthly reports.
6. Initiate the procurement of supplies and materials for individual jobs and maintenance activities and ensure availability of essential equipment to complete the job.
7. Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management and engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards. If necessary, prepare sketches showing construction details and prepare materials lists.
8. Provide technical support and oversite of outside engineering or specialty firms who are working on company Electrical Distribution System projects.
9. Participate in the preparation and development of the 5-year capital plan and annual O&M budget to include preliminary estimates and budgets as well as prioritizing projects.
10. Ensure compliance with the company privatization contract requirements.
11. Ensure contract compliance with other organizations related to company`s O&M responsibilities, i.e., Municipality Solid Waste Services, Energy Services, local gas companies.
12. Write and execute routine and emergency switching orders.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not intended to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervises the electrical front-line supervisors and employees at the installation.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The position is located at Fort Richardson, Alaska. Employee will be required to work both indoors and outdoors while conducting work related activities for various company projects and operation and maintenance functions. Most job functions will be completed in an office environment. However, employee may be exposed to heat, cold and frequent changes in temperatures while performing duties and responsibilities related to field work. QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, advanced vocational training, or closely related field is preferred. A background in an electrical field is preferred.
2. Significant experience in utility operations and management or related industry may be substituted for educational requirements.
3. Seven (7) years of experience in progressively responsible positions in power generation or the electrical industry. At least four (4) of those years at a supervisory level
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to work independently and highly motivated with a proven record of outstanding performance and integrity.
2. Knowledge of the utility industry.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Understanding of interactions of power generation, substations and distribution systems.
5. Extensive knowledge and proficiency in developing construction projects including job development and cost estimating.
6. Effectively develop and implement a reporting mechanism to keep management advised of utility operations at the site.
7. Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory requirements, especially as they are dictated by EPA, OSHA, ADEC, Regulatory Commission of Alaska and other agencies.
8. Maintain a working knowledge of contract requirements, i.e., Utilities Privatization Contract, Municipality of Anchorage Master Implementation Agreement covering landfill gas provisions, Western Energy Services maintenance agreement for landfill gas engines/generators, Enstar/NORSTAR natural gas distribution operations and maintenance contract.
9. Establish safe working practices in accordance with the corporate safety program and JBER safety directives.
10. Experience using a computerized electrical system modeling software such as ETAP, SKM or EasyPower is a plus. (ETAP is preferred.)
11. Proficient with use of desktop computers and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must also have experience with CMMS software (Maximo, preferred) and familiarity with SCADA systems and controls.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Incumbent must be physically capable of visiting construction sites, undeveloped areas and potential project locations on military installations in Alaska to assess effectiveness of quality control efforts for company projects.
2. Subject to pre-hire and random drug testing in accordance with the published company policy.
3. Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska. Eligibility to work on a military installation includes compliance with Department of Defense mandates with respect to employee background and health directives.
4. Possess and maintain a valid State of Alaska drivers license throughout the period of employment and ability to travel when necessary.
How to Apply: