Job #: 47534
Title: Assistant Controller
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus eligible
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Tremendous growth opportunity
Entrepreneurial working culture
Very highly rated and financially stable company
This can be a hybrid working situation (2-3 days per week in the office). JOB DESCRIPTION
Our Client is a highly regarded national, full-service life insurance company. They possess a very high financial rating based on their financial strength and ability to meet the needs of their policyholders.
The Position: Senior Manager Assistant Controller Accounting Functions
Manage the Companys general ledger system, close activities, cash receipts, account reconciliation, and special projects.
- Integrity of the Company`s general ledger system, period data, and outputs.
- Timely, complete, and accurate reporting to Controller, Executive Team, and Process Owners regarding issues surrounding accounting, finance, and budgeting activities.
- Coordination with other finance staff and Executive Team in the fulfillment of closing activities.
- Definition and maintenance of audit trails, service levels, procedures, and controls.
- Process and system improvement initiatives.
- Training, coaching, and evaluation of staff members.
- Five years experience in researching and applying the various accounting principles (required); several years experience in insurance statutory accounting principles (preferred); and a working knowledge of IFRS differences from GAAP (preferred).
- B.S. degree in accounting or finance.
- Experience in cash management and complex reconciliations of multiple banks, multiple legal entities, intercompany, clearing, investment, and suspense accounts. Experience in configuring and using Sun Systems GL, AP (preferred), and Microsoft Office tools in automating various cash management and accounting tasks.
- Proficiency in the design, development, testing, and use of various financial reporting packages.
- Proficiency in the ability to communicate high-priority issues (e.g., reconciling items; close calendars) and the usage of e-mail, spreadsheets, web sites, and similar tools.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: