Job #: 46758
Title: Value Stream Manager
Job Location: Durham, North Carolina - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: $115,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? JOB DESCRIPTION
- Accountable for all operational results (Cash, Quality, Cost, Delivery) across the value stream defined from raw material reception through finished goods shipment
- Accountable for reporting and delivering to all KPIs which drive the Service Value Stream to continuously improve.
- Includes direct contact with the Commercial Teams and Customers to insure demand data, forecasts, etc. are properly provided for resource planning purposes.
- Define the detailed processes to be followed for the management of Service requirements. This will include but not be limited to define standards at order quoting for future Service requirements. The parameters to manage change as volumes transition from OE Production to past model service, and the definition of the process and time frame required to move from original OEM process to that of Form, Fit, Function supply on Non-OEM equipment, etc..
- Define and deliver Continuous Improvement Plans for the value stream from future state maps. Prioritize and manage value stream support team(s) to perform against KPIs and budget.
- Accountable for contact and coordination between the value stream, the support organizations, and all external stakeholders in the value stream process (Including, the Commercial Teams, Product Engineering, site shared resources, subcontractors, external logistics personnel, etc.) in terms of delivery performance, quality issues, and flow between the facilities.
- Establish Service order parameters for all elements of service including: lead times, minimum order quantities, Service Life, one time buy product close outs, design level super session, make versus buy options, etc., for each customer product.
- Accountable for implementation and sustainment of the companys Health and Safety procedures for all personnel in the Value Stream.
- Accountable for all relevant Value Stream Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) violations and closure of the subsequent Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) by using the appropriate Practical Problem Solving (PPS) tools and techniques.
- Ensure risk assessments are updated and maintained as required including process change, engineering change, design change, etc.
- Accountable for all communication with Operations Leaders, value stream support staff, the Global Support Companies, and the ultimate end customer.
- Support Operations Leaders in acting as a Key Communicator. Communicate consistently and effectively to all employee representatives, external suppliers, management team and customers as appropriate. Provide appropriate feedback on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Actively resolve issues using standard model of leadership behavior: setting expectations, coaching, recognition, constructive feedback, and escalation where appropriate.
- Leading and sponsoring improvement activities using lean methodology, tools, and techniques. Ensure that all team members have equal opportunity to contribute to improvement and identify training needs within the team.
- Ensure and enhance a people focused environment
- Manage employee relations on a day-to-day basis, working within procedures and ensure effective interfaces with employees representatives.
- Support and monitor the development of all employees in value streams and support functions via Personal Development Plans (PDPs), reviews and feedback
- Ensure Operations Leaders review current skills against predictive requirements and support the development and maintenance of skills matrix accordingly
- Coach and manage the Operations Leaders and direct reports through their Personal Development Review (PDR) and Personal Development Plans (PDP) to improve Value Stream performance.
- Promote and deliver Employee Involvement (EI) through behavioral leadership
- Promote and develop EI activities and ensure effective shift start up meetings around PVDs (Primary Visual Displays) and allocate time for Operations Leaders to lead weekly/monthly EI activities.
- Through the Operations Group Leaders, ensure that all employees are fully conversant and compliant with the Companys Health and Safety policies. Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety legislation is effectively implemented and managed.
- Four year Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- 10 years of high volume manufacturing experience, preferably in an automotive environment.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: