Job #: 46465
Title: Technical Manager
Job Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
If you are a Polymer Chemist who is proactive and likes the challenge of moving a technical group forward this could be your opportunity. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a manufacturer of specialty polymer products located near Toledo Ohio.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for day to day operation of a small specialty operation in the polymer field. This person must be strong technically and have taken products from conception through commercialization to manufacturing of a finished product. This person should be capable of blending pre-polymers and be familiar with reactive chemistry.
The Technical Manager will work with customers and suppliers and must be familiar with mixing operations, abrasive resistance, clarity of materials, batch processing etc. Will also provide problem-solving support, effectively interact with vendors and materials suppliers, and communicate information in a multi-disciplinary/multi-functional team environment to others including customers.
- Develop and improve formulation, mixing process and product performance.
- Manage, mentor and direct technical and operational staff of 20.
- Troubleshoot production problems and participate in resolving customer complaints
- Drive conceptualization, experimental design, materials procurement, formulation, sample production, testing, evaluation for existing products and those under development.
- Maintain relationships with customers working with Sales shareholders internally.
- Manage internal documentation for material specifications and process route sheets.
- Coordinate, observe, and report on R&D trials.
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical or Polymer Engineering required
- 5 + years experience in polymers and related products.
- Need a creative person with customer facing skills and a problem-solving mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Stage-gate expertise a plus.
- Travel is required should be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: