Job #: 46557
Title: Tax transitioning to Financial Planner/Advisor
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: bonus eligible
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity for a tax professional to join a prestigious, award-winning financial advisory firm and achieve better work-life balance in financial planning role. Firm has top credentials and offers an excellent benefits program. JOB DESCRIPTION
Requires: 2-6 years of experience in public or private accounting and the desire to move into a financial planner/wealth planning solutions role.
A respected, growing wealth management firm seeks a tax professional who has assisted clients in reducing tax liability to transition their career into wealth management and work closely with clients to grow their wealth. Your focus will be heavily on investment strategies, such as the stock market, money market accounts and retirement planning, while maintaining a strong interest in budgeting, savings, insurance and estate planning.
As a Financial Planner you will review clients current financial standing, and based on their financial goals, develop an investment and financial plan to help them accumulate wealth. This career provides a more attractive work/life balance with no frenetic busy season and compliance duties.
This is a unique opportunity to use your analytical skills to move into a challenging and satisfying career that offers a more integrated and holistic relationship with clients. And you will learn from highly respected, recognized leaders in the field.
The individual selected for this opportunity will be distinguished in academic achievement, dedicated to client service, and demonstrate the highest ethical and professional standards.
Responsibilities of the Tax/Financial & Wealth Planner:
- Train to transition towards a Wealth & Financial Planner career while being provided with excellent training and mentorship
- Work with senior members of the financial planning team to develop and implement Financial Planning solutions for clients and perform complex research and financial analysis related to those solutions
- Serve as an internal firm expert on tax planning, compliance and administration and identify and implement solutions that integrate tax planning & compliance with estate and legal structuring
- Conduct research on tax and Financial Planning topics and make recommendations
- Maintain active communication with clients in meetings, presentations as part of on-going client relationship management
- Review clients current investments and objectives and assist with the creation of custom investment portfolios that the firm will manage
- Help manage client relationships while being supported by other members of the team
- Participate on the firms investment committee and assist with covering a segment of the investment universe
- Explore and take on new responsibilities for personal development and team success
- Communicate the full range of the firms services and capabilities to clients and prospective clients with the intention of adding new clients
Qualifications of the Tax/Financial & Wealth Planner:
- Requires 2-6 years` tax experience in accounting at a public accounting firm, in an individual practice, in a corporate environment or in a partnership
- CPA designation is very desirable
- Bachelors degree in finance or related field with high GPA
- CFP designation, or progressing towards taking the CFP exam, a strong plus
- Desire to parlay accounting skills into a Financial Planner/Wealth Planning solutions role
- Ability to translate and simplify difficult tax and financial concepts to varied audiences
- Strong desire to focus on Wealth Management as a career
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player mentality, collaborative, able to work effectively with others
- Accurate, organized, able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a Client-first attitude
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Compensation & Benefits: Salary & incentive; comprehensive benefits program including health insurance, 401(k), profit-sharing, tuition reimbursement in financial planning, related licensing fees.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: