Job #: 46763
Title: Sr. Traffic Engineer
Job Location: Baltimore, Maryland - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: annual bonus, no set number.
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
You are paid for every hour you work (even though this is a salaried position), which is pretty unique and can really add up!
Privately held, and highly reputable company, been in business for about 100 years
Work culture - very collaborative, with everyone being very personable and approachable
The company has locations in half of the 50 states - primarily on the East Coast and Texas JOB DESCRIPTION
Our reputable engineering client is seeking several full-time Traffic Engineers in Baltimore, Fairfax, Richmond, Wilmington and Tampa. In these roles, you will lead traffic studies, analysis and designs. You must have an understanding of traffic operations and/or traffic design, identify and develop technical solutions, and have strong technical writing and verbal communication skills. Mentorship and management of traffic staff will be key.
Projects can be small intersection improvements to complex interchanges and corridors. Assignments could include traffic operations modeling, simulations, capacity analysis, safety studies, transportation planning studies, travel demand modeling and forecasting, and design of traffic control devices including signals, signing, pavement markings, ITS devices and lighting. QUALIFICATIONS
BSCE with a minimum of 10 years experience in traffic engineering, AND:
- Licensed as a PE (VA registration desired)
- High-level understanding of traffic modeling (macro, meso, and micro); experience in model development and application
- Experience with VISSIM, VISUM, HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, SIDRA
- Experience in the design of traffic control devices including signals, signing, pavement markings, ITS devices and lighting
- Experience working with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Exceptional communication, technical writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Experience in proposal development
- Experience in project management and contract management
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: