Job #: 42724
Title: Sr. Quality Control Technician
Job Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $45,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? JOB DESCRIPTION
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Technician reports to Quality Control Management.
- The Senior Technician will conduct laboratory functions such as daily balance performance verifications, preparation of test solutions, mobile phase and diluents as needed.
- Will perform color & appearance testing, weight variation testing, pH meter standardization and will dispose of expired solutions and sample preparations.
- Transports chemical waste to satellite area, routinely inspects laboratory desiccators, assists Chemists with pulling analytical samples to test and assists with labeling of sample flasks and centrifuge tubes.
- Assists with ordering of inventory supplies and performs monthly chemical inventory.
- Manages analytical samples for in-house testing, disposition to contract laboratories for release testing, additional testing, retention and destruction.
- Prepares samples for outside analyses and delivers samples to the Shipping Department as appropriate for shipment to contract laboratories.
- Manages packing and transfer of retain samples to warehouse or off-site storage and keeps analytical sample shelfs up-to-date with samples needing testing.
- Responsible for the general organization, cleanliness, and upkeep of the Quality Control Laboratory.
- Responsible for logging-in and milling of samples for testing as needed.
- The Senior Technician will follow current cGMP protocols for proper documentation of all procedures performed.
- Will provide input for the improvement or revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Finished Product Specifications, and Raw Material Specifications, as appropriate.
- Keeps the Quality Control Laboratory supplied with clean glassware.
- Is proficient in the operation of the laboratory dishwashers, pipette washer, dryer oven, and can perform the procedures for proper hand washing of laboratory hardware and supplies.
- Will maintain a safe working environment by following all laboratory safety guidelines and wears Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Regular attendance is required.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel is required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred but is not required.
Prior laboratory experience is preferred but is not required.
Education and Experience: An Associate`s degree is required for the Senior Quality Control Technician position.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: