Job #: 46556
Title: Sr. Financial Planner/Advisor (CFP, CFA or CPA)
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Prestigious, award-winning advisory firm currently in high growth phase. Opportunity to join a top-rated firm and develop professionally in their mentorship, supportive culture. Excellent benefits package as well. JOB DESCRIPTION
Sr. Financial Planner/Advisor (CFP, CFA, or CPA).
New York, NY.
Requires: Three to seven years of experience, certified or passed CFP or CFA exam or CPA, proven ability to manage client relationships, strong communication skills, high-ranking academic background.
Our client is a leading independent, fee-only Wealth Management firm headquartered in NYC. The firm seeks a highly capable, hardworking Sr. Financial Advisor to help formulate and implement investment and financial planning advice, help manage existing client relationships and participate in new business development activities.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Financial Planner:
As a member of a Client Team that works with about 200 clients, you will provide the following:
Relationship Management: Be a first point of contact for a number of the teams clients, you will be working with the most senior advisors at the firm while being supported by other members of the team.
Client Service: Drive clients financial planning strategies and portfolio management. You will be driving a comprehensive approach to working with clients, inclusive of investments, cash flow, tax, estates, risk management and benefit plans.
Financial Plan development: Based on a clients goals and circumstances, create financial plans that address questions such as at when a client can retire with financial security.
Investment Portfolio Creation: Review a clients current investments and objectives, give a client a picture of his or her current portfolio composition and within the firms guidelines oversee a custom portfolio that the firm will manage.
Opportunity to specialize in a technical area and be the firms point person. For example:
- Investments: option to participate on the firms investment committee and cover a segment of the investment universe.
- Financial Planning: option to specialize in one area of financial planning serving as the firms internal subject matter expert.
- Business Development: Build relationships, including with other professionals (e.g., Accountants and Attorneys) that lead to new clients for the firm. QUALIFICATIONS
Qualifications of the Sr. Financial Planner:
- 3-7 years experience in Wealth Management as a financial planner or HNW tax with a demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- CPA or CFP or CFA designation, or having passed the exam for the designation preferred.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university with a high GPA
- Impressive standardized test scores
- Strong Financial Planning and Wealth Management interest, acumen and judgment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, take initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work effectively with others
- Organized and able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a client-first mentality, strong desire to help people
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- A belief in fee-only, fiduciary professionalism, passion for helping others
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive pay & Incentive Bonus based on experience and industry standards; full slate of health insurance and retirement benefits; tuition/certification reimbursement for Financial Planning programs & exams; NAPFA membership; gym membership allowance.
Keywords: financial planning, financial advisor, wealth management, CFP, CPA, portfolio management
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: