Job #: 46572
Title: Product Engineering Manager - ADAS
Job Location: Southfield, Michigan - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: $125,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an opportunity to work on the most exciting technologies in the automotive industry, for a company with deep roots in the field. JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary of the Product Engineering Manager - ADAS
A Product Engineering Manager is needed for a direct-hire position at one of our best long-term clients based in Michigan. This company is an industry leader in cutting-edge ADAS and autonomous driving technologies. For this position, they`re looking for someone to oversee the entire hardware development effort for advanced ADAS products. This is an opportunity to work on the most exciting technologies in the automotive industry, for a company with deep roots in the field.
Responsibilities of the Product Engineering Manager - ADAS
- Lead the Product Design Team in the development of advanced automotive technology products in accordance with PDS (Product Development System)
- While there will be interface with other disciplines (software, systems, mechanical, etc.), this team is working on the hardware aspects of the product.
- Primary technical contact for the customer and Product Development Team
- Read and interpret customer specifications and ensure requirements are documented and incorporated into the product design
- Participate in the development of mechanical, electrical, and software domain and manufacturing technical requirements and specifications
- Ensure test and analysis coverage validates that the design meets all requirements
- Ensure manufacturing in a robust process
- Responsible for delivery of design work products (FMEA, FTA, WCA, Testability, Requirement Bilateral Traceability, others)
- Solve technical issues associated with customer and product demand
- Drive failure analysis and present to the customer
- In conjunction with Line Managers, ensure the proper internal processes and procedures are followed
- Provide development work plan to the Project Manager
- Assist Project Manager with deliverables
- Manage engineering part release and change control
- Must have minimum Bachelor`s Science Degree or equivalent
- Must have minimum 7+ years industry experience in the design, manufacture and/or testing of electronic/embedded products. Automotive experience is preferred, but other industries can also be considered.
- Background as a Design Lead, Technical Project Manager, or similar level position.
- Hands-on development experience in high power and high-speed ECU hardware.
- Background in detailed design reviews, worst case analysis (WCA), requirements development, and other related activities.
- Experience taking projects through the entire development life-cycle, including production support.
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: