Job #: 46701
Title: Junior Level Mechanical Antenna Engineer
Job Location: Detroit, Michigan - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Work for a large stable company within a small division in Michigan where the cost of living is low and the growth potential is great. We pay a competitive salary and offer great benefits.
Some relocation assistance is available JOB DESCRIPTION
This Junior level Mechanical Antenna Design Engineering job located near Detroit will have responsibilities to include new technology and solution development for automotive antennas and our related products. You will create mechanical designs for automotive antenna products, working in partnership with electrical engineers to create antenna modules, low noise amplifier (LNA) modules, and related mechanical antenna designs.
- The ability to work without restriction for any employer as a permanent resident within the USA
- This is NOT an entry level opening, and will require at least 2 years of industry experience
A bachelors degree in mechanical engineering is preferred, though applicants with degrees in other engineering disciplines can also be considered, if coupled with automotive mechanical design experience
We will require applicant to have a COVID-19 vaccination
- Experience with automotive antenna products is highly desired, though not mandatory
- Experience with exterior structures, color and surface requirements, plating requirements for interior and exterior parts, and waterproofing/sealing of exterior parts is required.
- Familiarity with automotive vehicle assembly processes is necessary for success.
- Experience in design of plastic, die cast, sheet metal, and rubber parts is mandatory
- Experience with prototyping, including 3D printing and CNC machining; ability to construct mechanical prototypes using basic machine shop tools ? CAD design including CATIA and NX
- DFM and FEA experience. Proficiency, hands-on skills with simulation tools.
- Experience with automotive validation testing specifications & PPAP.
- Experience of tackling key technical problems or innovative designs independently.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Curiosity and sensitivity for science, technology and engineering are essential.
- This position will require a variety of skills and cover many varied tasks; therefore flexibility, an ability to work independently, and move outside the comfort zone will be essential to success.
- Some travel will be required, including occasional international travel to Europe and Asia. Approximately 10% - 15% of total work time may be dedicated to business travel.
- To explore cutting-edge technologies and track and monitor industry design trends
- To develop innovative solutions with challenging technical and product requirements
- To cooperate with other internal functions, ensuring the designs can be implemented successfully in manufacturing and in vehicle assembly
- To draft technical specifications, design guidelines and related documents for new solutions
- To meet with customers and provide technical support for customer design activities
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: