Job #: 46429
Title: Functional Safety Engineer
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Remote Job: Yes
Salary: $130,000.00 - $165,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an exciting position because it gives you the opportunity to be both technical and creative in developing the technology that will decide our future in vehicle and transportation markets. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job summary of the Functional Safety Engineer:
Our client, a globally recognized name in vehicle systems, is looking for a Functional Safety Engineer to work with their application algorithm team, developing controls and software logic for ECU applications. In this role, you will be responsible for developing various work products related to functional safety, defined in the ISO26262 functional safety process, with a focus on areas such as ADAS and autonomous driving. You will be responsible for creating the big-picture concepts and ensuring the detailed technical work stays true to them. This role will include electronic controls and software requirements, design, coding, testing, software integration, and releases.
This is an exciting position because it gives you the opportunity to be both technical and creative in developing the technology that will decide our future in vehicle and transportation markets.
This position is eligible for remote work, with occasional visits to the main development center.
Responsibilities of the Functional Safety Engineer:
- Develop ISO 26262 work products defined by the safety standards to prove compliance of the Safety Case.
- Develop safety concepts such as Functional Safety Concept/Technical Safety Concepts work products, system and software architectures
- Develop Failure Mode & Risk Analysis work products (FMEA, FTA & FMEDA)
- Generate Technical Safety Requirements for safety-related functions and features
- Participate in the peer review & approval process in a Functional Safety role
- Work in a team and contribute to the continuous improvement activities through participation in Lean projects, documentation, process improvements etc.
- Masters degree (or BS with senior-level experience) in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- At least 8 years of experience in product design/development or new technologies
- At least 2 years of experience leading new technologies or specialized technologies
- Functional Safety experience (ISO-26262 or similar standards)
- Experience with requirement documentation and system engineering
- Exposure to one or more functional areas, such as Cybersecurity, Electric Vehicle Electronics, Autonomous Electronics (Radar, Lidar, Camera, Autonomous processor, etc., Vehicle Communications and Network, AUTOSAR Software, Telematics Software, Instrument Cluster software
- Embedded software development experience
- Engineering tools - MatLab, Simulink, MS Visio, INCA calibration tool, Software configuration management tools
- Software programming language knowledge (such as C/C++) is a strong plus
- Functional simulation of developed design using data-replay or plant based closed-loop simulation techniques
- Experience with Vehicle, Powertrain or Engine Controls System design
- Experience with engineering and quality design and development methodologies: (8D, FMEA, DVP&R)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: