Job #: 39888
Title: Chief Quality /Patient Safety Officer - Healthcare
Job Location: San Francisco, California - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $180,000.00 - $230,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Chief Quality / Patient Safety Officer - Healthcare
The employer has a VERY strong commitment to quality and you will work with smart, driven people here! Open due to retirement.
TONS of opportunity for career growth! JOB DESCRIPTION
Chief Quality and Patient Safety Officer - SAN FRANCISCO
Highly visible role is part of the executive leadership team and engages regionally with peers as well as the CEO and Market President.
Relocation package - amazing benefits - exceptional team.
Drives clinical quality and safety programs for two facilities with a total team of 20 FTE`s (5 direct). Responsible for the strategic development, planning and control of health plan and hospital`s quality programs and for leading the implementation of compliant programs at the facility, including associated alliance hospitals. Facilitates the development of programs and processes that meet regulatory requirements. Focuses on organization-wide systems and processes for improvement, including clinical quality management, risk management, AR&L and patient safety activities in collaboration with clinical and administrative personnel. Serves as Patient Safety Officer for the assigned hospitals. Oversees and facilitates internalization and monitoring of Regional Sub-regional Services. Ensures practitioner review and oversight meets internal standards. Responsible for quality program oversight, associated medical staff issues, member concerns and grievances to ensure submission to accreditation and regulatory bodies are timely and accurate; and ensures that processes supporting submissions are reliable. Facilitates health plan assessment of quality programs at the medical center including MDQR. Develops strong collaborative leadership relationships with external regulatory agencies, accreditation bodies, employer groups. Has joint accountability to develop systems and corrective action plans for the facility to meet regulatory compliance.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of programs across the facility, which encompass strategic planning for the achievement of quality outcomes.
- Establishes appropriate Hospital/Health Plan oversight through partnership with the medical center executive leadership team and departments. Leads quality and patient safety efforts related to the implementation of electronic medical records. In conjunction with the Assistant Administrator for Patient Care Services and leadership, develops and drives performance improvement activities that are cost-effective and efficient.
- Responsible for leading the design of reliable systems that support evidence based optimal care in both hospital and non-hospital setting. Implements and monitors disease management programs and processes across the continuum of care.
- Monitors and assesses clinical quality and service trends, external environment and internal practices, and makes recommendations to develop/adjust strategy to meet the changing business and market conditions.
- Supports and oversees the use of evidence based guidelines, criteria and other clinical tools to reduce variation in clinical practice and to optimize clinical outcomes. Evaluates performance through the development/maintenance of statistical processes, control charts and regulatory databases.
- Directs accreditation, licensing and regulatory activities and ensures compliance in all applicable settings, including but not limited to MDQR, NCQA, The Joint Commission, DMHC, DHS, Medi-Cal, Cal-OSHA, and CMS. Implements sustainable systems for meeting accreditation, regulatory and licensing requirements. Assigns direct accountability for oversight within the quality department and ensures operational integrity for performance.
- Ensures that facility policies, practices, and procedures comply with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of health plan, health plan contracts and governmental and accrediting agencies. Identifies new legislations` affect on Hospital/Health Plan and leads programs that ensure alignment with new legislation.
- Accountable for comprehensive infection control programs for surveillance prevention, data analysis and reporting, and control of infections across hospital, medical group, and environmental support departments and serves as liaison for infectious disease and the department of public health.
- Ensures that the environment of care is safe, functional, supportive and effective both for the delivery of patient care and protection of the worker. In collaboration with other internal leaders, is accountable for achieving the P Board requirements.
- Collaborates with medical staff to support the medical staff functions including peer review and the practitioner performance review and oversight process. Ensures appropriate level of Health Plan oversight with respect to peer review . Ensures development of a safe culture through responsible reporting of unusual events, human factors training, and design of systems for safe and reliable practices.
- Ensures appropriate oversight for hospital risk issues. Collaborates with the ombudsman to ensure rapid resolution of patient concerns and grievances and establishes system changes to address the underlying complaint. As an agent of the Health Plan, works with member service directors to ensure the member grievance and complaint process has the appropriate level of qualitative and quantitative review to comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides consultation to senior facility leaders to advance culture change.
- Provides defined mechanisms to encourage staff at all levels to "Speak Up" on patient safety and quality concerns.
- Ensures alignment with HR policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership in building a team and organization which will assume responsibility and accountability for achieving the mission and objectives.
- Creates a culture which is decisive, action-oriented, flexible, and poised to seize opportunities to advance quality, safety and performance.
- Provides leadership in developing and executing key strategies which differentiate the organization from its competitors in the area of quality, patient safety and clinical excellence.
- Provides leadership as the hospitals` Patient Safety Officer. Develops and maintains oversight for patient safety and risk management programs.
- Facilitates the ongoing improvement of systems to reduce medical errors.
- Ensures that the quality and safety programs are consistent with cultural diversity; assesses for consistency with healthcare literacy issues and language access requirements.
- Directs, implements and evaluates a comprehensive risk management plan for the facility to reduce or eliminate the potential for financial loss.
- Ensures the integration of quality, and patient safety improvements into day-to-day operations.
- Collaborates with facility management team and area manager to develop the overall financial plan. Assures short and long-range financial goals are met by establishing and controlling budgets. Engages in processes to identify financial risk of medical errors, implements programs that reduce the risk of medical errors, and to drive Performance Improvement.
Minimum eight (8) years of experience in clinical and management roles in a health plan or multi-faceted health care system and multi-provider settings.
Master`s degree in business, health care, public administration or related field.
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance, quality improvement, utilization review, risk management, and accreditation and licensing requirements including The Joint Commission, NCQA, Knox-Keene Act, Federal HMO Act, CMS, Cal-OSHA, Public Employees Medical and Hospital Act, HIPAA and Medi-Cal regulations and standards.
- Track record achieving superior results that demonstrate performance improvement and quality and service outcomes.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clinical license such as RN, Pharm D. PA or NP preferred - may consider other certifications
PREFER : Lean, Six Sigma or similar.....
?Great team with strong performers and need someone to continue the work of elevating Quality.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: