Job #: 41106
Title: Safety Manager
Job Location: Olympia, Washington - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Innovative specialty chemicals leader has experienced tremendous growth, both organic and acquisitive. This role will join and lead a solid team. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager is responsible for leading and optimizing the safety operations of the manufacturing facility. This role is located west of Olympia, WA/ Relocation Assistance Provided.
- Plan, implement and manage safety/environmental policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Train managers and employees in worksite safety practices, for example, but not limited to fire prevention, lockout/tagout, fall protection, and accurate handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspect organization facility to detect an existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Lead the timely investigation of accidents, injuries, and near misses
- Compile and submit accident and/or environmental reports required by the company and regulatory agencies. Lead risk assessment updates and audits.
- Work with external consultants to ensure timely submittal, acquisition, and maintenance of all environmental permits and reports to maintain compliance.
- Work closely with site leadership and EHS Representatives to implement and ensure adherence to all company EHS policies and best practices.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental, Engineering, Chemistry, or related technical degree.
- 5-7 years of hands-on EHS experience. Manufacturing experience required. Behavior-based safety and ergonomics assessment experience required. And, 3 years of experience leading or managing a team.
- Knowledge of regulatory agencies and requirements, State and Federal EPA regulations, Industrial Safety programs, VPP, L&I and OSHA Compliance standards, etc
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
The compensation package includes a six-figure base salary and bonus program. Relocation assistance is provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: