Job #: 45249
Title: Director Human Resources - Ft. Smith, Arkansas (Must be at a Dir. Level or Sr. Level Mgr.)
Job Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $165,000.00 - $200,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 60% Management Incentive Program Avg. for last 4 years
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Global Stable Organization
- Top notch products, Iconic Brand
- Excellent Relocation Package
- Growing, Global Privately held company - Debt Free
- Opportunity for Growth
- Bonus can pay out more than 45%, last 4 years has paid out 60%
Director, Human Resources
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for aligning people strategies with the business objectives of the Division . This position will lead key HR processes including talent development, performance management, organizational design, employee engagement, and compensation planning with support from Global HR leader and Enterprise COEs. Acting as the Human Resources Business Partner for the Division leadership team, this position provides strategic leadership on human resources-related issues to ensure a high-performance culture and effective management of human capital. This position leads and develops the HR team that supports the Division.
This position will serve the Division, located in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Establish and execute people strategies to enable business growth and results.
- Partner with leadership as well as other HR partners to prioritize and execute key initiatives in support of strategic operational targets.
- Collaborate with the HR Lead on organizational Human Resource strategies including development of initiatives, goals, and other key performance indicators.
- Partner with business leaders to identify organizational gaps, and drive to build organizational capability and succession plans.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on employment initiatives including recruitment strategy, postings/advertisements, interviews and selection. This includes drafting job descriptions and obtaining approvals for recruiting, hiring, and compensation.
- Partner with business leaders to execute organizational rewards strategy, appropriately budget and manage annual merit planning process, and drive utilization of rewards and recognition programs. Ensure all pay practices are equitable and reward superior employee performance.
- Serve as a key member of the sites leadership team appropriately challenge, coach, and facilitate effective development of the team.
- Provide ongoing performance development guidance and coaching to site leadership and line management regarding talent acquisition, performance management, development/training and deployment.
- Employ coaching, consulting, and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with the company`s values and leadership competencies.
- Work closely with leaders and employees to improve teamwork/communication, build morale, and increase productivity, engagement, and retention.
- Complete analysis and action plans necessary to achieve all HR metrics for the Division.
- Manage and resolve complex employee and labor relations issues; conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations for resolution of employee issues.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws along with company policy.
- Manage departmental budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Need 10+ yrs of HR experience, 5+ yrs must be in a leadership role (realiy means Sr. Mgr. or Director level leadership experience. Pretty much needs to have Sr. Manager or Director or VP title.
- Strong ability to influence and coach leaders, including Director-level functional leaders
- Excellent communications skills (speaking, writing, & listening) with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from regulatory agencies, public groups, employees, and company leaders
- Broad knowledge of the principles, laws, and regulations related to the management of human resources (city, state, & federal employment laws).
- Experience in conflict management and conflict resolution for managers/leaders.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop, manage and conduct training programs.
- Experience in team management and coaching/developing employee performance.
- Proven ability to influence decision making.
- Ability to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Highest level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in managing a departmental budget.
- Experience in leading change management.
- Independent thought, good judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others is a matrix team environment
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
HOW TO STAND OUT:
- Masters degree in human resources management or equivalent
- Human Resources Certification (SHRM-CP, PHR, etc.)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with lean/six sigma concepts
- Experience in preparation of Affirmative Action Plans, working visa acquisitions, and continuous improvement programs
- 8-10 years experience in a HR leadership role
- Experience in a unionized environment
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: