Job #: 42761
Title: Portfolio Manager
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Rapidly expanding bank and this region is a top performing region where you have access to senior management. Tremendous advancement potential into Team Leader, Manager, Relationship Manager, etc. JOB DESCRIPTION
Support Commercial Relationship Managers by underwriting loan requests, renewals, modifications (per policy), working with Credit Administration, prepares loan packages and documents loan requests. May also be asked to mentor PM I positions as needed.
- Prepare credit memos for new credits as well as renewal of maturing credits.
- Prepare commercial loan reports (Annual Term Loan Servicing, Problem Loan Reports, Credit Bureau Reports, etc.), to assess and improve the quality of the loan portfolio.
- Collect and analyze tax returns, personal financial statements, rent rolls, and other underwriting items.
- Participate in and help prepare for calls with customers and loan officers.
- Interaction with customers to support commercial relationship managers, facilitate portfolio management, underwriting and new business development.
- Participate in special projects to aid with the continuous improvement of portfolio management.
- Bachelor`s degree and/or equivalent experience and three to five years of experience in a commercial lending environment
- Sophisticated written and analytical skills to encompass an ability to analyze balance sheet structure, and income and cash flow trends.
- Experience across multiple lines of business, including but not limited to, industrial, service, retail, commercial real estate and not for profit entities such as religious organizations and government agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial credit and lending concepts, practices and regulations. If supporting commercial real estate lenders, requisite skills would also include construction loan underwriting and administration (construction budgets, sources/uses, construction draw administration, property entitlement, lease analysis and property valuation principles).
- Knowledge of financial statement spreading, including proficiency in preparing pro-forma statements within Moody`s or other software package.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: