Job #: 44399
Title: Automation / Controls Engineer - 1st and 2nd Shift
Job Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $75,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: BONUS 5%
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Company has over 10 billion in annual sales. Exceptional benefits! JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a large World Class Tier I supplier of machined automotive parts currently in the process of filling CNC Programming Process Engineering positions on 1st and 2nd shifts. This is a high volume mass production environment. This is not a work shop or tool shop.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead cross functional team (maintenance, process engineering, operations, etc) on automation and controls-related projects.
- Program Rockwell PLCs and Fanuc robots (80%) to support new launches and process improvements.
- Support operations and maintenance through troubleshooting and assist in assembly line / machining cell recovery.
- Implement quality improvement projects through error proofing, interlocks and vision system (Cognex and Fanuc IR Vision) integration.
- Lead machine guarding initiatives and improvements.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Follows company policies, standards and specifications
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Strong understanding of machine tending production processes. Robot unloading, loading on a conveyor moving a part. Pick and place with a robot.
- PLC troubleshooting knowledge (Rockwell), Fanuc and ABB robot programming knowledge.
- Must be a self-starter and possess initiative and able to work with limited supervision.
- Must possess strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Continue professional growth and knowledge through ongoing training and education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with people.
- Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems in dealing with complex machines and process problems. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Should have excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with stressful situations.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and displays a great attitude.
- Be available to work overtime when needed to complete projects and support the assembly process.
- Process improvement oriented.
How to Apply: