Job #: 41944
Title: Instrument, Electrical, & Control Reliability Manager
Job Location: Alvin, Texas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 10-12% Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Near Houston TX, Position open due to a promotion. High Profile Positiom. High Salary. Reports to the Director.Low cost of living.Product produced is a leader in this process industry. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Senior Instrument, Electrical and Control Reliability Manager is accountable for developing and ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the reliability and sustainability of the I&E and Process Control programs for this large/complex chemical processing facility. As a key member of the Reliability and Maintenance Team, the Senior Instrument, Electrical and Control Reliability Manager will share plant performance accountability with Operations Leadership. The Senior Instrument, Electrical and Control Reliability Manager will deliver strategic improvements in the reliability and maintenance performance at the Texas facility resulting in robust asset reliability and minimum total cost of maintenance. The Senior Instrument, Electrical and Control Reliability Manager will direct the I&E and Reliability Team specializing in leading the reliability strategic programs, analysis of asset reliability issues, and the development of robust improvement solutions to support the overall site.
- Robust reliability programs that support achieving key Business and Site objectives around equipment uptime, safety, and affordability
- Improved MTBF and elimination of chronic and anticipated asset failures. Drive asset performance to maximum achievable performance
- Evergreen list of prioritized projects and activities to support continued reliability improvement
- Best in class Safety Instrumented System program
- Best in class I&E PPM program
- Consistency with all safety and environmental standards
- Design and implement risk management processes to ensure critical asset negative performance trends are identified and communicated in a timely manner to responsible management for solution prioritization
- Sustainable process control configurations
- Emergence of Advanced Process Control as a performance improver
- Excellent partnership with Production Units and Guest facilities
- Motivated and capable I&E and Process Control Engineers, Specialists and Technicians to support both daily needs and strategic improvements
- TA cost/schedule/reliability targets met or exceeded
- New technologies implemented for a competitive advantage
- Set objectives, select, and develop personnel
- Manage change to drive improvements in asset reliability results. Institutionalize an appropriate set of leading and lagging metrics to support these objectives
- Develop, implement and monitor programs that drive the reliability performance of the I&E and process control equipment across the site including PPM programs, equipment reliability strategies, top opportunity lists, turnaround frequency and duration, etc.
- Drive manufacturing culture from a fix-it to a data-based prevent it state. Identify and encourage recognition and rewards for this transition
- Develop plant wide strategic vision for I&E, Analyzer and Process Control asset reliability including end of life an obsolescence and create a plan for the transition to a predictive environment
- Introduce appropriate reliability techniques and practices focused on identifying and preventing asset failure or significant performance deterioration
- Ensure improvement projects are adequately chartered and resourced and capital projects have appropriate reliability support/scope for successful design, commissioning, and operation.
- Ensure thorough root cause investigations are conducted where appropriate and corrective actions are implemented in a timely fashion to prevent recurrence
- Support a Reliability Centered Maintenance approach where SAP documentation and work practices promote sustained improvement
- Provide recommended reliability project priorities to functional and plant management
- Ensure a motivated and capable work team is available to provide continuous support including I&E, SIS, High Voltage Electrical, Analyzers, Valves, and Process Control resources
- Provide continuous performance feedback and improvement assistance for team employees to insure their technical and professional growth. Identify strategies for attraction and retention
- Maintain the expected safety performance and culture of a VPP Star Site
- Minimum 10 years maintenance and/or operations experience in chemical/petrochemical, refining, or energy industry
- Minimum 5 years experience people leadership experience with proven performance management and development skills
- Demonstrated capability to improve reliability performance of a given asset base or equipment type
- Demonstrated capability to improve organizational effectiveness
- Working knowledge of Maintenance Work Processes including maintenance management systems, effectiveness metrics, etc.
- Working knowledge of Predictive and Preventative Maintenance Techniques and Best Practices
- Understanding of resource allocation and alignment to key priorities
- Understanding of Safety Instrumented Systems programs and practices in an industrial setting
- BS in Engineering (Electrical Engineering Preferred)
- Engage and empower people, sets high expectations, provides clear direction, drives and delivers exceptional performance and leads with agility
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative, servant-based leadership style
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, writing and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of performance management practices and tools
- Agility, resilience, and tolerance for ambiguity and change in fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent coaching and facilitation skills and high energy level bringing employees and teams together.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Continuous Improvement Tools including Root Cause Analysis facilitation
- Excellent understanding and experience with equipment reliability programs and engineering practices and standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple complex projects and activities
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering customer success
- Strategic thought leadership
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: