Job #: 41793
Title: SVP Software Development, Credit Card Issuing Bank
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia - United States
Salary: $170,000.00 - $215,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus 15% to 25%
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have recruited for this credit card issuing bank since the 1990s. The bank is profitable and has very stable and very impressive leadership. In fact, we`ve worked with the same executive team for over a decade. The bank is publicly traded. Their stock has tripled in value in under 3 years. (I know, because I own some). They move FAST.
Under 300 FTE and growing quickly.
Stability matters a lot to them. They prefer candidates who stick around at a job, and anyone with repeated 1-3 year stints will be viewed with trepidation.
This is a Java stack. We need financial services background, lending. Fintech is great. Candidates will be asked questions about digital wallets, online acquisitions, cloud-based fraud. Subprime lending or credit card is great, but prime credit is okay as well. This person will not be coding, but needs to know the vernacular.
This person will have 6 direct reports and 40 in total. This position is open because the bank needs bench strength. The person in the role today will move into an expanded new role and expects to probably retire within 5 years.
They strongly prefer to hire someone who lives in, or will relocate, to Atlanta. They will assist with relocation costs. They are also willing to consider what I would call "regional remote", ideally someone based elswhere in Georgia, in the Carolinas, perhaps in Florida or Alabama or Tennessee. There will be times when the SVP Software Development needs to be onsite, and that can`t be delayed by a day or two for travel. They are happy to consider candidates who can make it to Atlanta when needed, via commuter flight, train, or car. JOB DESCRIPTION
CRG 1779 -- SVP Software Development
Seeking highly skilled Senior Vice President of Software Development with 15+ years of building effective software development teams and solutions. As a Senior Executive, you will be responsible for hiring, developing the team structure, leading software development, execution through deployment of creative/ innovative technology and solid development of best practices. This role requires both seasoned management skills as well as superb technical and communication skills. While this position does not require hands on coding, you are expected to be well versed in modern software patterns and distributed systems architecture. This person will report to the SVP, of Solutions Development.
- Collaborate with cross?functional teams to develop, support, enforce and integrate our technology strategy and roadmap across the organization via the use of best practices and technology standards.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for designing and implementing powerful, secure and highly available micro-services.
- Monitor emerging trends in the financial services and adjacent industries and determine how to leverage these technologies within our solutions.
- Actively participate in management presentations to senior level decision makers and prospects.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and succession planning processes that encompass the companys diversity commitment.
- Responsible for the management of 24/7 IT solutions support.
- Perform other job?related duties as requested.
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field required; MS/MA/MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience including at least 10 years in senior management and/or executive roles
- Minimum of 5 years financial services experience.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Hands?on experience in the design, development and delivery of complex, cloud?based services.
- Clear thinker - ability to simplify strategy into specific actions, makes decisions and communicate priorities.
- Adaptable style when engaging with external partners across multiple industries.
- Ability to dive in, master our solutions, and collaborate with key stakeholders on future direction.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Hands on experience with Java and RESTful services.
- Strong understanding of encryption and security concepts.
- Knowledge of the Internet of Things (IOT) solutions, mobile capabilities and user interface development and design.
- Knowledge and configuration support of cloud database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Aurora, and MongoDB).
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: