Job #: 41705
Title: Zone Production Manager
Job Location: Buffalo, New York - United States
Salary: $95,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10-20% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a global manufacturer, supplier and distributor of chemicals, is currently seeking an Area Production Manager to join the team in the Buffalo, NY area. This job enjoys top compensation, excellent benefits and a great opportunity to move up within this worldwide organization. The ideal candidate will be either a Chemical or Mechanical Engineer, be willing to travel 20-25% regionally (within a 3-hour drive) to the two other plants in the region surrounding Buffalo. JOB DESCRIPTION
Leadership & Employee Development
- Ensure training execution, qualification, an certification for plant personnel
- Develop a motivated and effective team of Operations and maintenance professionals
- Ensure clear goals in place for team-members
- Provide regular performance coaching
On-Site HSE & Compliance
- Personally responsible and accountable for execution and leadership in all aspects of HSE and quality related to the plant and deliver. Show strong ownership for plant, personnel, equipment and transport safety. Promote a strong safety culture by transparency, accurate reporting, correcting HSE concerns and deficiencies.
- Ensure compliance with safety, health and environmental standards, including process engineering and safety both locally and globally.
- Manage HSE performance at plant level
- Effectively manage site technical documentation related to Environmental permits, quality and safety requirements, PSM.
- Report all HSE and quality incidents and near misses timely, participate in all HSE programs and communications. Partner with HSE and Quality Team.
- Competence in drawing up a permit to work
- Responsible for CAR closures as well as other HSE and Quality audit findings.
On-Site Plant Operations & Maintenance
- Assure availability and reliability of plants aligned with On-Site plant manager objectives to meet contractual commitments to on-site customers
- Coordinate the work of the plant staff
- Assure proper information data availability for Global Historian and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)systems (SAP PM & MM)
- Define and implement maintenance activities together with regional reliability team ensuring the proper use of defined systems and processes
On-Site Quality & Services
- Ensure compliance with quality standards
- Drive production of the plant meeting targets on LTI, PIFOT
On-Site Competitive Costs
- Prepare cost and investment budget
- Manage local COGS budget actively
- Perform cost control of plants ensuring budget compliance
- Optimize local stock levels
- Execute local investment projects
- Ensure proper follow-up and implementation of actions derived from efficiency reviews
On-Site Continuous Improvement
- Drive productivity improvements
- Propose and execute improvement initiatives whilst following Engineering Management of Change (EMOC) standards
- Identify and escalate improvement areas
- Follow-up and implement activities derived from efficiency reviews
- Bachelor Degree Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical preferred
- Minimum of 8 years` professional experience preferably in the industrial products, chemicals or engineering industry
- Minimum of 5 years process operations experience in process plant operations or a reliability activity
- Strong analytical and execution skills
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems
- Experience in process engineering, plant operations and in operating ASU/ hydrogen plants to include process safety proficiency in a chemical, hazmat, or related industry.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: