Job #: 41738
Title: Senior Credit Analyst
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Nice gig...great growth pattern JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide daily and periodic reporting as defined by the clients Credit Policies and Procedures.
- Produce well-researched and articulated recommendations for credit facilities submitted to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Credit Committee.
- Complete qualitative and quantitative analysis of current and potential clients and counterparties including: corporates, financial institutions, CCPs and state-owned (or pseudo state-owned) enterprises.
- Maintain continual focus on global macro-economic environment with understanding of specific country factors and impact of those factors on the credit risk assessment with regards to clients and counterparties incorporated or operating in those countries.
- Act as an advisor and subject matter expert to guide the business for all credit related items and manage the credit facility application/review process for the allocated client base.
- Form enduring and effective working relationships across all internal departments to reinforce the firms client-service model.
- Contribute to enhancing existing and/or implementation of new credit risk policies, procedures and processes to drive the department forward and ensure adherence to best practice.
- Communicate and escalate all relevant items to the Head of Credit Risk, Head of Enterprise Risk and the CRO as appropriate.
Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance (or other relevant field).
3-5 years of related credit experience.
Understanding of credit risk inherent in granting credit facilities to cover the margin requirements (initial and variation) of futures and options
Excellent track record in forming well researched conclusions on credit assessments including; internally modelled credit ratings and recovery potential in the event of default
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Effective report writing skills with an ability to distil complex information to a key risks summary to enable management decision making
Strong presentation technique and experience communicating to senior management forums
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Bloomberg knowledge is preferred; however, not required
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: