Job #: 41593
Title: SQL Business Analyst
Job Location: Elwood, Indiana - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 10% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is the utopia of Corporate America!
A big reason people choose to join and stay is due to the years of stability that this company has provided. Being in a diversified industry, the company has done well in both of the economic downturns that have occurred in the last 17.5 years. They have continued to grow while others havent been able to do so. JOB DESCRIPTION
SQL skills are valuable! Communication skills are a must!
The Business Analyst role is to work with internal customers in the organization, internal IT team members, and third parties on various new and/or existing business projects including digital transformation. The position requires experience in business analysis, implementation of packaged software, and project management. This person must be able to analyze processes, data and resolve problems in a logical and methodical manner. The person must be able to create documentation and assist with training others as needed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Observe, seek to understand, and document business processes.
- Work with project team and users to define solution requirements.
- Write functional design specifications and knowledge bases.
- Develop and lead team through prototyping of solutions.
- Identify alternative solutions (with and without technology) to solve problems.
- Serve as a conduit between the customer community and the software application teams through which requirements flow.
- Participate with software selection teams evaluating and recommending technical and non-technical solutions to business opportunities.
- Analyze data, programs, and processes to identify root issues and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Develop testing plans to assess readiness for implementation.
- Coordinate testing efforts of IT, customers, and consulting resources.
- Assist in developing and delivering training programs.
- Develop and execute operational acceptance processes.
- Work with and support application staff in implementing application changes.
Develop and track project tasks, schedules, and budgets.
Manage project scope.
Manage project communications to customers and stakeholders including vendors.
Direct and coordinate activities of business, IT, and consulting resources.
Ensure that project team output meets specification and is done in accordance to standards.
Manage activities of consultants and service personnel used for software application projects.
Make timely updates in project tracking system to keep team and management aware of project status and roadblocks. QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 year degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Supply Chain, Business, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Certifications: Not required, but valuable.
- At least 3 years of experience participating with project teams to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated experience delivering usable system requirements required.
- Experience working with packaged ERP or Warehouse Management System applications required.
- Experience working with Windows servers required.
- Experience working on digital transformation projects preferred.
- Experience with Lean and or Agile desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the organization, in addition to consultants and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to multiple target audiences.
- Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot issues and identify resolutions.
- Demonstrated skills with SQL query language or query tools required.
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management System concepts required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Apps or similar platforms preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direct guidance.
- Persistence in resolving issues without becoming upset or overly frustrated.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- Ability to balance multiple shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to reason work from end results backwards to determine the best course of action for problem solving.
- Ability to exhibit positive Can Do attitude.
- Ability to be available outside of normal business hours to resolve business issues and for on-call rotation
- Trustworthiness with strictly confidential information.
How to Apply: